Glenn's Reef RSM 250

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks everyone for the nice post about my FTS ! Really enjoying my 250 can watch it for hours
050.gif

IMG_1530z.jpg

Your tank is so clear and the colors so crisp and vibrant it almost looks "Too Good". If I were a vendor of ANY of the products in your (lights and filters etc especially) I'd be like, "Hey Glenn, mind if we snap a few professional pictures of your tank and use it on some future ads and packaging?" :thumber:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Well thank you very much Allen for the gracious compliment ! Any success I have had, I totally attribute to the fine members of RS that have taught me so much & you have always been one of my mentors !

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks much for the compliments !

I do have my rock pretty close to the back glass - touches in a couple of places, but it's out enough that all my fish can freely swim back behind the rock & allows for flow.

reeferman

again very nice Glenn!you might want to rethink that 65k bulb,that thing is VERY yellow.if you like the crisp white look of the stock rs bulbs but want to amp it up a little,kz makes a very nice 10k bulb[very high par also].i think with 6 bulbs,it would be very hard to tone down the yellow of that 65k.jmho though.

reeferman

trust me,you dont need that 65k bulb for coral growth.ive never ran a 65k bulb over anything but planted tanks.65k will also be the perfect spectrum to grow algae[wanted or unwanted]im gonna run a 65k bulb over my fuge in the sump.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks everyone - that is my very large female clown in the pic, my Hammer coral just keeps growing !

I owned my Canon dslr for over a year & never messed with "raw" format, then learned from Tom what I was missing... since then, unless I want a quit pic & upload with my iphone4, I shoot in raw format - here a good read on it if interested - Why use your camera's raw format? & The Basics of RAW files {and what to do with the darn things}

small extract...

{Basically…}
If you’re shooting in jpeg and you hit the shutter to let all the beautiful light flood your sensor and record the image onto your memory card, the camera collects the information and quickly compresses it down into a reasonably sized file. It judges things like the colour of the sky and the temperature of the light. Even when you’ve taken the image in manual mode and set everything yourself, the jpeg still needs to make some decisions as it smooshes all that information into one little file.
But if you shoot in raw, the sensor stays hands-off and says “ok, hot shot. YOU deal with it!”
…this means that you have total, blissful control of your entire image.
…but not without some work of your own.
RAW files need to be imported into a computer program like Adobe Lightroom or Adobe Camera Raw and then either instantly exported as jpegs (yikes!)
…or perfected according to your vision for the image with editing and then exported as a jpg or other printer-friendly format.
So just to make sure you get it I’ll say it this way: a raw file isn’t an image. It’s information gathered by the sensor and delivered to you on a memory card. It’s totally your job to then do what you want with that information before compressing it into an ‘image’.
Also, a raw file won’t usually have included the in-camera sharpening that jpeg compression provides. So don’t fret when you think your image isn’t as sharp as it should be – this also needs to be done by you in the post production editing process.

Here my Tang - check out the hard spike on his tail... tangs will swing their tails at a target as a means of defense

IMG_1598zzz.jpg