Witty's Monster 210 Experiment

Witfull

i gotta get ya'll a morning just moonlight pic of this guy....thismorning he was a fuzzball of pink!!!
pinkie.jpg

lcstorc

Gorgeous color! When it grows I want a frag.
Oh wait, I never got my mushrooms either. It better warm up soon so you can finally send them to me. :)

Witfull

Stylophora.jpg

from
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/stonycoridfaq.htm
Edwin... although the image does not give a clear visage of the polyp structure, this specimen does indeed look like the Pocilloporid, Stylophora pistillata. It will need strong random turbulent water flow and stable water quality as one would provide for most any scleractinians. They are believed to mature sexually at a young age (just several years old) and may produce planulae asexually if fed well. A fishless upstream refugium is highly recommended here. Best regards, Anthony

lcstorc

How's the tank? How about zebra? It's been a long time since we have had an update. Hint Hint. Some pics perhaps? Hint Hint. :)

mps9506

ahh, just posted a question under your photo. How long have you had the barred angel? I only know one person that kept one successfully long term, or semi long term depending on how you look at it. He had his two years. Good luck with him.

Witfull

i know bragging,,,hes been here since feb. but hes fat and eating. and as much as ive ignored my tank,,,he seems happy......i guess dont **** with what works and keep hands out of tank....and bigger is better,,,i win all around~

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
That's great news !
Have you tried to add sponge to his diet ? They have a similar diet as some of the Larger Angels and need some sponge in their diet for their long term success from what I've read. I think Formula One contains some sponge in it and would be worth a try.

DaveK

That's great news !
Have you tried to add sponge to his diet ? They have a similar diet as some of the Larger Angels and need some sponge in their diet for their long term success from what I've read. I think Formula One contains some sponge in it and would be worth a try.

Related to this, and knowing that Wittfull lives in NJ. One thing I would do when I had the larger sponge feeding angles is to collect some sponges from the back bay area along the south NJ coast. You usually can find some orange finger sponges. You can harvest a few small sponges or a few fingers, QT them for a coupe of weeks, and then put them in the tank for the angel.

Years ago I had a cortez angel that would rip into them. The sponges will stay alive for some time if handled correctly, but they can easily die, so keep an eye on them, and remove it if it smells rotten.

mps9506

Related to this, and knowing that Wittfull lives in NJ. One thing I would do when I had the larger sponge feeding angles is to collect some sponges from the back bay area along the south NJ coast. You usually can find some orange finger sponges. You can harvest a few small sponges or a few fingers, QT them for a coupe of weeks, and then put them in the tank for the angel.

Years ago I had a cortez angel that would rip into them. The sponges will stay alive for some time if handled correctly, but they can easily die, so keep an eye on them, and remove it if it smells rotten.

I'd be scared to put anything from the NJ coast in my tank!:lol:
j/k