DianaKay's RSM 250

Oxylebius

Since they suck the juices out of algae, then I assume they are leaving the outer part of the plant behind. If they aren't devouring the outer part of the plant, then you may want to pull that part out of your tank. Not sure if you are able to tell what bryopsis they already got to and sucked on or not. Perhaps you should start to target the sucked on bryopsis and get it pulled out. :dunno:

The sucked on bryopsis will start to die and decay, I assume. So, keeping decaying plant matter in the tank is no bueno.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Good idea, when (OR if?) I start to see any Bryopsis looking dead, I will try to pluck & siphon it out.

So far, the only DANGER to them in my tank that I know of is my Scolymia...
One trip across either of the Scolys & I'm thinking they will get eaten alive. :eeknew:
They don't seem to mind crawling all over the corals so I figure it's just a matter of time until the scoly thinks "YUM!!" :yummy:
At least I'm getting some good pictures of them while they last :D
:camera:View media item 15710

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
They turn bryopsis into snot. But it takes them a while. They are not the Mario Andretti of the undersea world.
Thanks @Paul B ....guess I'll be siphoning SNOT outta my tank eventually.
Sounds gross but I do have a great little siphon fixed up. :winky:
image.jpg
I had to do my 1st rescue of one that was stuck into the overflow gate :confused:
It survived, lucky that I was checking on them when I did.
I hope they clear the Bryopsis before they kill themselves doing stupid stuff!
They do not seem very intelligent at all :hammerhead: :rolleyes:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I'm in the slow drip process of installing one of these:
image.jpg
I very seldom buy anything without looking it up but the LFS owner said this overly LARGE snail like (looks kin to a stomatella snail) creature would eat Bryopsis. So I got it!

The lettuce slugs have either shrunk to very small sizes & disappeared or had babies & then disappeared :dunno: don't know which :ponder2:
Anyway...will update on the "wild Abalone" after acclimated. :fingerscrossed:

Oxylebius

Wow - you are really going all out to get the algae aren't you?

Good luck with all these critters. Please feed them if they aren't eating the bad algae.

How are the slugs doing? And are the peps going after the aips?

I just added three Berghia nudibranchs. I thought I would add them, they'd clear out the aips and then give them to someone local who needs them. But, I added them to the tank and haven't seen a single one since. :ponder2: I'm wondering how I'm going to find them again. I really don't want late night searches with a red head lamp on....

Last edited:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I thought that was a clogged heart valve. :confused:
:lol: LOL @Paul B :lol:
All I know about this clogged looking :heart: valve so far is it has more suction than I can pry loose!! :confused: I could NOT get it out of the bag...STUCK TIGHT to the plastic. Had to use sissors & cut the bag from around it, Used a lettuce clip & a small flat rock to anchor the plastic to the bottom. He will only go where he wants to go that's already proven to me.
I have found no info that says he eats Bryopsis so only time will tell. :rolleyes:

The lettuce slugs either shrank to tiny size or had babies :ponder2:
image.jpg
I see a few of these little bitty ones, no BIG ones
I don't know what happened :confuseded:

Oxylebius

Nudibranchs and sea slugs usually don't have long life-spans. Some only live a year and die. And yours were large, so who knows how old they were. Nudibranchs and sea slugs also readily reproduce on our tanks. :bounce: Looks like your older ones may have died and the younger ones hatched.

DaveR11

Nudibranchs and sea slugs usually don't have long life-spans. Some only live a year and die. And yours were large, so who knows how old they were. Nudibranchs and sea slugs also readily reproduce on our tanks. :bounce: Looks like your older ones may have died and the younger ones hatched.

Readily reproduce - tell me about it! :surrender:

DaveR11

I'm in the slow drip process of installing one of these:
View attachment 43960
I very seldom buy anything without looking it up but the LFS owner said this overly LARGE snail like (looks kin to a stomatella snail) creature would eat Bryopsis. So I got it!

The lettuce slugs have either shrunk to very small sizes & disappeared or had babies & then disappeared :dunno: don't know which :ponder2:
Anyway...will update on the "wild Abalone" after acclimated. :fingerscrossed:

Looking forward to seeing a picture of the new addition.