The Revival of KLR's Red Sea Max 250!!!

reelsilly

Dag Kelby, you are on every site...lol. Im Starting a 130d now. I am kinda diggin it. Doing a LED from rapid led soon.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Really lovely Kelby - tell us how you maintain your tank, how often you do wc, %, do you dose, If so what & %, how often. Cheers !

K L R

Really lovely Kelby - tell us how you maintain your tank, how often you do wc, %, do you dose, If so what & %, how often. Cheers !

Thank you! Before I go into my routine break down, know that I struggle with acropora health, so that is something I am tweaking my routine to attempt to fix.

I do water changes every 2-3 weeks and replace 8-14 gallons every time. However I am looking to cut this back some since my tank is well established now and the displacement of this much water might be what is making the acroporas upset.

I top off enough water to keep the water level touching the the leg holders,for lack of a better name, in the tank. By legs I mean the things that hold up the light during cleaning. I use 1/2 a tsp of Seachem-Reef Buffer for every 2 1/2 gallons of RO I top off my tank with. However I am looking to up this to maybe 3/4 a tsp because my pH and alk are just a tad bit low.

After cleaning, and only after cleaning, I dose prime-nitrate remover, stress zyhme-helps develop the biological filter, and coral boost-calcium additive.

I feed roti feast, oyster feast, and phyto plankton. To the tank randomly throughout each week, ensuring phytoplankton is fed at least once a week.