Quantcast
new light upgrade to finnex ray 2 50/50?

Become a Sponsor Our Sponsors

Thread: new light upgrade to finnex ray 2 50/50?

new light upgrade to finnex ray 2 50/50?

Im looking to upgrade my lighting again. This caught my eye on amazon. customer comments seem to appeal, but they can be faked.
    it is listed as having 10000k/Actinic Dual LED Strips over 15 Watts: 144 HO LEDs

would this be sufficient for lps and maybe sps in the future?
    i use a similar light for my refugium by the same company (finnex fuge ray) and it works great. the light will be about 2-3 inches above the water on a fluval spec v. max depth +/- 10in.
    10g Brackish.
    Livestock: 1 Violet goby, 3 knight gobies, 2 nerite snails

5.5g Fluval spec v, stock filter sponge with ceramics and chemi-pure, stock light (7500k white)
    livestock: 1 fancy pericula clown, 4 Atlantic turbo snails (plus 2 babies), 5 nassarius snails, 5 cerith snails, 1 coral banded shrimp, 1 flame scallop, 1 emerald crab
    Coral: GSP, Goniopora
    Refugium: Finnex HOB breeder box, Cheato, Galaxaura, and live rock, Wave point ho 8led (6b 2w)

Reef Shark

Re: new light upgrade to finnex ray 2 50/50?

For the size tanks you list in your signature, you should be just fine. I should point out that this type of LED lighting is not going to work too well for larger tanks, where more lighting penetration is required.

Re: new light upgrade to finnex ray 2 50/50?

thank you.
    10g Brackish.
    Livestock: 1 Violet goby, 3 knight gobies, 2 nerite snails

5.5g Fluval spec v, stock filter sponge with ceramics and chemi-pure, stock light (7500k white)
    livestock: 1 fancy pericula clown, 4 Atlantic turbo snails (plus 2 babies), 5 nassarius snails, 5 cerith snails, 1 coral banded shrimp, 1 flame scallop, 1 emerald crab
    Coral: GSP, Goniopora
    Refugium: Finnex HOB breeder box, Cheato, Galaxaura, and live rock, Wave point ho 8led (6b 2w)

Thread Information