Quantcast
Palau Neon Green Nepthea

Become a Sponsor Our Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palau Neon Green Nepthea

Palau Neon Green Nepthea

Recently was offered a frag of one of these corals as a trade. I wasn't able to find much info on these corals with regard to their difficulty and care needs etc although they are purported to no longer be in existence in the wild.

Anyone have one of these and can you point me to any further info on their care?

Re: Palau Neon Green Nepthea

Quote Originally Posted by CA Reefer View Post
    Recently was offered a frag of one of these corals as a trade. I wasn't able to find much info on these corals with regard to their difficulty and care needs etc although they are purported to no longer be in existence in the wild.

Anyone have one of these and can you point me to any further info on their care?
    I bought a frag that is supposed to be this very coral.
    Mine loves the moderate flow and high light MH. Has been very easy care. Very nice green color.

Nepthea's in general need some good flow to scrub off their skin when they shed.
    Victor
    -----
    People come into our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person. When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the frag?

Quote Originally Posted by CA Reefer View Post
    If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the frag?
    It was about $40 for a small 1" frag. It's now about 3" tall and very happy.
    Victor
    -----
    People come into our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person. When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Can we see ANY pics of this?

"Let us help you Geek Your Reef"
    www.ReefBytes.com

> > > >Read ME < < < < when you're in need of answers or help with your tank.

Take nothing from the sea unless it is plentiful.

Egg-Crate SUX
    Quote Originally Posted by Setragni View Post
    Having a reef tank is more about keeping water than fish or corals.
    Nitrate (NO3) reduction is directly proportional to percentage of Water Change.

Ask me about how to increase your REEF budget without going without FOOD!!

Big Al's 10g....Retired BigAl's Slow 90g Tank Chronicle.... Retired

Allens OFFICE 12g Nano-Reef....

2013 LED Upgrade from StevesLED for the NanoCube 12g

and the latest member of my WET family is . . .
    BigAl's Mountain Reef RSM 130D - 2/2011

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl07 View Post
    Can we see ANY pics of this?
    No. It's a premium pay per view channel. lol

Here is mine.

Victor
    -----

thats awesome, is it SPS? it looks like Xenia / some kind of SPS
    ~!~ Cole ~!~

Quote Originally Posted by That dude over there. Get Him!
    Until the grass in your yard is perfect, try not to concern yourself with your neighbors yard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentoid View Post
    Reef tanks are like snowflakes, no two are alike!
    Reef Addict at age 14, 15 as of november 3rd :P

My Chronicle. you should check it out, even if you've already seen it.

It is a leather. More like a colt coral.
    High to moderate flow and light. Amazing neon green color in person.
    Victor
    -----

It looks like a neon green leather. Very nice.
    SETUP: 34g RedSea Max with Current Outer Orbit mh lighting, Phoenix 14k mh bulb, 2x65watt 460nm and 420nm actinics, Tunze 9002 skimmer, StevieT's media rack, 40 lbs live rock, 30 lbs live sand, Ecotech MP10.

CORAL: Dendro, Torch, XMEN zoo's, Tubb's Blue, Mohawk, Devil's Armor, Nuclear Greens, Plum PE's, Miami Hurricanes, Armor Of God, Wammin Watermelon's, Galileo PE, JC's Pink PE, True Eagle Eyes, Blue Horizon Zoo's, Rainbow Acans, Hollywood Stunner Chalice, Cotton Candy Chalice, Frogspawn, Kryptonite Candy Cane

SPS CORAL: Pink Lemonade, Hydnophora, Infamous Frag Farmer's Setosa, ATL Pink Polyp Cap, Tyree Idaho Grape Cap, Green & Purple Birdnest, Jedi Mind Trick Undata, True Undata, ATL Meteor Shower, Rainbow Monti

CLAM: Tridacna maxima clam

FISH: Midas Blenny, Mandarin Dragonet, Blue Green Chromis, Hippo Tang

Scott

Dentoid's Reeforama

Quote Originally Posted by rlcline76 View Post
    I assure you there are nastier body parts one could put in a tank.

i got a 1 in one for $5 at my old lfs. he's about 2.5 by 2.5 in right now. very slow grower for me
    If you play FIFA, pm me.
    Cole

Mine is a slow grower also - not the typical quick leather growth.
    aka Terry
    Excellence in reefkeeping is achieved by mastering the fundamentals, and learning from mistakes.
    34g Red Sea Max 130 (April 07), ~50-60 lbs. live rock. Lighting: Sol Super Blue LED with AI controller. Vortech MP10ES & battery backup, LifeReef Siphon, Sump, SWC Extreme 120 cone skimmer, Tunze Osmolator ATO, ReefKeeper Lite L3 controller

Reefmack's RSM 130 and...Red Sea Max Owners Club

I also have a true palau nepthea. I have kept it in low light in moderate flow and it has grown out of controll. The palau variety is no longer avail. in the wild, and the true island of palau is a fast grower.
    Awesome Coral!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information