Quantcast
anenome sucked into power head and cloudy water

Become a Sponsor Our Sponsors

Thread: anenome sucked into power head and cloudy water

Tunicate

anenome sucked into power head and cloudy water

Woke up for work and noticed the tank was cloudy. Then seen my bubble tip sucked into the power head and cut up from the blade and in pieces. Did a water change and cleared up the tank before going to work and got rid of the anenome since it was dead. My question is how with this affect my 2 anenome crabs and clown fish. Its a 75 Gallon mixed tank...

Re: anenome sucked into power head and cloudy water

they should be fine, they dont have to have the anemone to survive. just replace when tank is stable again.
    just keep swimming, just keep swimming. i need to be reminded of this from time to time.

They will not be affected but check your water parameters in the next few days, you don't want any piece of the anemone rott in there and cause a spike in ammonia.

sorry about the nem.
    - Juan Pablo (But you can call me Juan )

My new Thread:
    FOWLR: 750 Gallon Display Tank - 1,000 Gallon overall system water

Probably a good idea to change out the GAC.
    Steve

Steve's 250 Gallon

250 Gallon Deep Dimension, Started 4/28/11, AI SOL Super Blue 4 modules, 50 gallon acrylic sump, 2X Reeflo Super Dart Gold return pumps, Emperor Aquatics 50W HO UV sterilizer,GHL Profilux 3.1NEX Controller, 2X Vortech MP40WES w/battery backup, GHL Profilux 4 channel dosing pump, JBJ Arctica 1/3hp chiller, Rena 300W smart heater ,Tunze Osmolator ATO, Reef Octopus BR110 Biopellet reactor, Reef Octopus MF 2000 media reactor for GAC, i-Tech 400 cone Skimmer, 2X Mocean 2000, 1" Sea Swirl, 160lbs Samoa pink #0 sand, 200+ lbs of live rock Closed 1/13/13

Sorry about your anemone. That's a bummer! Did you vac the sand and blast the rocks and crevices when you did the water change?? Lots of debris could settle in that and start an ammonia spike. Good luck!!!

Nothing Good ever happens fast in a reef....patience! ( I need to work on this one! ) .

Having a saltwater tank without corals is like a flower garden with just sticks

125 gal reef built in with sps, lps softies and a school of chromis, a yellow tang, a very personable lawn mower blenny and a very old perc.

72 bowfront...new build...

10 gal fish only (qt) with a mean tomato clown that eats fingers ( adopted out ) and an old sargent major
    10 gal nano with a pr of gold striped maroons that were exiled from the 125 for tearing up the landscaping and creating avalanches!
    300 gal inside Koi pond
    1500 plus gallon outside Koi pond.... I was born under the sign of Piscies... what can I say??!! Love those fishes!!

+1^
    just keep swimming, just keep swimming. i need to be reminded of this from time to time.

Thread Information