Zoa Troubles/Snail I.D.

GregD

Hey All,
so i have been having some troubles with my Zoas for a month or so. Some days they are open but moslty they are closed. I have tried Iodine dips, less water changes and flow directions changes. I have also kept a very close eye out for pests.
Yesterday my 12yr old daughter (my little reef keepers assistant) called me in a panic stating she found something in my Fire & Ice zoa. When i got home i removed the Zoa and found a very small snail in amongst the heads. I was able to remove it with tweezers. The Zoas is now open full.
So, now that i have found my pest what is it and how do rid the tank of these little suckers?
Size of this snail was prob 1/16", It had a very noticable marking on the shell wich looked like a Zoa. this mark was on one side close to the top of its shell.
I just got word that she has found at least 2/3 more of these moving around on the live rock. I gues i better get my eyes checked or get a good magnifing glass.

G

GregD

here are a couple of pics, These are so small it was hard to focus on them. Any guesses?

DSCN6452.jpg

DSCN6453.jpg

G

GregD

Nanno
you the MAN! read the link again and with my pics i can identify those snails as "Sun Dial Snails"
Now i need to make them go away!

GregD

GregD

i used the asterina starfish for size comparison. These snails are very small. I am hoping there is a predator that likes to munch on them. Perhaps a sun dial snail eating wrass?!