ZebbyD's 130D

ZebbyD

First steps

I thought I'd start with a little background information on where it all started.

I've had a reef tank set up for around seven years now, in a very modest, Rio 125. The system ran extremely well, despite not using the most expensive or highly rated equipment. I ran the system with two Maxi-jet powerheads and a Prizm Skimmer.

This tank has gone through about everything the reef keeping world has to throw at it. Algea blooms, enuse worms (if thats spelt write), nitrate spikes, you name it, this tank and its occupants have faced it head on. However, over the last two years the tank has settled down and has played a perfect hosts to a few little corls, my paired clowns, the lemonpeel and the clean up crew.

Meanwhile, I've attended University and now working, all in a different city and leaving this tank at home with the parents.

Moving House

So a few weeks ago my parents told me they were moving. Both keen to keep the tank, my first post of here was for adivce on getting the thing moved. For a while it looked like I would be moving everything over, but then I set my eyes on a Red Sea Max. You'd think I would move this in with me, but due to renting a new flat every year, it just wouldnt work.

I searched high and low to find one at a good price and also the 130D model. Long story short, I bought the tank and moved it to the new house.

Here are a few snaps of the moving process and also the tank once fully moved.

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

So, a few months have passed, water quality returned to a good state and things seem to be going well in the 130D. I've added a few soft corals and LPS frags over the last few weeks and they are looking great. I've also added a little Koralia Nano to provide flow acorss the front of the reef.

Hope you like the photos.

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

Picture900.jpg

Picture918.jpg

Then my personal favourites.

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

ZebbyD

Thanks for the comments gents.

Cant wait to watch it grow into a mini reef. I just stop spending money soon though. haha

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Fine looking tank! Thanks for starting a tank thread, and the history! :)

What's the grey mass midway on the right side? Coral or a type of sponge? That one has me stumped!

dankent

:welcomera

Tank looks fantastic !

And you are 1000% correct .. some of the best tanks out there that i have seen in real life dont incorperate that fancy expensive hardware.

ZebbyD

Thanks again everyone. Can't wait for it to grow more. Especially the torch!

The grey is a sponge. It stayed the same size for a long time, but it seems like it's grown since putting it in the RSM! There also appears to be more mouth type holes over the surface since putting it in there.

Looking for some more frags but hard to find good ones in the uk. Any of you from the uk and know good frag sites?

ZebbyD

Well, just passed the four month mark with this tank and things are going really well. Added a few more corals and also a new fish. The fish I've added is a Orchid Dottyback. Beautiful fish, just a little shy at the minute as he was only added today! Still, all good signs as he hasnt had a fight yet with any of the others, and was even swimming around with the Lemonpeel at the back of the rocks.

Added some nice new corals as well. Trying out a new camera so couldnt quite get the colours out of the photos I wanted. Still, some of the photos look great. Hope you like!

fish17.jpg

fish23.jpg

Fish1.jpg

Fish2.jpg

fish16.jpg

fish14.jpg

fish38.jpg

fish24.jpg

fish32.jpg

fish5.jpg

fish33.jpg