You think you have aiptasia? Look here.

CoralReefEnthus

Klein Butterfly fish work extraordinary for a real infestation problems, the problem is after they are all gone, some kleins tend to pick at corals, I have two kleins in my farm tank and have not had any issues with aptasia or them picking at the corals in several years. Of course for one or two in your tank a squirt of kalkwasser into their belly works like a charm. Have to watch your calcium level of course.

jgsensor

You can live dangerous and try a raccoon butterfly. Mine is a breast and ridding my tank of aptasia. Just can't have any other nems in the tank and he is hit or miss with other corals in the tank.

SantaMonica

PREMIUM
Anyone trying the kalk paste, watch out for nearby corals nearby/downstream... they will get burned too.

Julie

eBay :) I would of probably bought them :LOL: However, I used joes juice on the few i had. It worked like a charm.

jkef2010

Can anyone post a picture of these as little new borns or close to it. I think I may have them but not sure. I bought a cultured piece of LR and I think it came in on that but there so little I just cant tell.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Here a pic of Aiptasia

MajanosAiptasia.jpg

dblasky

the most effective to me was the filefish. they munch on it like hungry wolves. but later you have to remove it when they finish the aiptasia or they start eating polyps. i just place the fish in another FOWLR. if the problem arises again I put him back. I 've done this about two times now and no more as of now. Peppermints are great too (the Caribbean one).

Coraljunkie

I may go the berghia way. I just found a few on the back side of one rock. Hopefully the berghia will take care of them or at least keep them in check. Luckily I have a store near me who grows aptasia in a specific tank and raises berghia nudibranchs in it.