Ynemo - rsm 130d

youngnemo

hi guys!

first of all I am very happy that I found this forum on the internet.
I started my first saltwater tank in 2006. after two years I had to give up this wonderfull hobby because my family moved to germany.
after finishing university this year I started a small 30 liter tank and I still run it today very succesfully.

two days ago a I bought a red sea max 130d tank in almost new condition for 200 euro - $250.
I just filled the tank with water and even withouth the skimmer on I noticed the tank is kind noisy.
compared to my nano tank that runs with two hydor koralia 900l/h the difference is like day and night.

now I want to know if the circulation pump do make a little noise or are mine broken?

holla at your boy!
kobe
ps: I attached a photo of my nano tank!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Congrats on your new RSM - thanks for starting a tank thread ! We like big Pics, love to see all the details :dance:

dsc00023v1k3y.jpg

gbose

Youngnemo,

I have a RSM130 and yes, it's noisy. Pumps are quite loud and the skimmer even more....I'm used to it now, though.

GB

youngnemo

hi guys,

thanks for replying on my thread. Tomorrow I'll buy salt and some livesand. monday on my day off I'll go to the lfs and buy some liverock. I'll keep u guys updated!

kobe

dMiles

I have a RSM130, Mine are not noisy. Pump 1 started making noise so I took them apart soaked in vinegar & water, put them back in and they are quiet.

youngnemo

hi dMiles,

I took both pumps apart and cleaned them as you said. Now they work like a flaw, still I can hear them. Compared to my nanotank the RSM 130D is still kinda noisy. I wasn't able to hear my old tank at all.

On Monday I salted up the water. Now I'm looking forward receiving my liverock on friday so I can form my pillar.

I will keep you guys updated!
Kobe

youngnemo

hi guys!

I just wanted to give y'all a short update.
what's new?

- tunze 9002
- 9w econlux solar stinger sunstripe - deep blue
- grotech tec III 3 channel dosing pump

- couple sps frags
- couple lps corals
- couple zoas
- couple of mushrooms

- a pair of synchiropus splendidus
- mespilia globulus

but take a look...

199121.jpg

141020121.jpg

141020122.jpg

201012z.jpg

241020121.jpg

241020122.jpg

I actually want to upgrade with another flow pump. the vortech mp10 looks very cool but it too expensive. anyone has experienced a tunze 9002 in a rsm 130?

holla at ur boy!
kobe

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Your tank looks great. I really like your work and that Frogspawn is gorgeous :)

I added the MP10 to my RSM130D and it's possibly one of the 2 best things I've added to my RSM. I say it's worth the expense easily :)

youngnemo

Hi guys!

Just came home from my LFS and took a pair of Amphiprion ocellaris and a pair of Doryrhamphus excisus. I wasn't able to take a good shot of them with my iphone so here are some other photos of a few corals after feeding the fishes.

91120121.jpg

91120123.jpg

91120124.jpg

91120122.jpg

Have a nice weekend everybody!
Kobe