Yellow tang Help!

Kremlin

I came home and found him like this. He has been getting skinnier lately, tho. Any ideas to what this is? Or how to treat it?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
UUGGHH, that looks serious :( Is there any of your other fish picking on him? Do you have a QT to put him in?
Do you keep algae sheets hanging for him to eat?
I'm not familiar with diseases that tangs get but I think those questions need to be answered for someone who is to :help: you. I hope you get that HELP soon.

DaveK

This fish is in bad shape. It's got frayed fins, loss of scales and skin, and is very thin. Note that it is even thin above the lateral line. I'd remove the fish to a quarantine tank, and try treating it with antibiotics. If it gets past that, it's going to need a lot of good foods, especially algae to get it back to health. I'd say your chances to do that are not good, but sometimes you get lucky.

Mike Johnson

Since this major damage occurred to the fish rapidly I would suspect a Turbellarian flatworm caused it. The fish needs to be separated from the tank. I'd recommend a freshwater bath before putting it in a hospital tank. Then treatment with Prazipro. Give the fish places to hide and feed it enriched foods.

http://www.chucksaddiction.com/disease.html

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Please do an UPDATE on your yellow tang Kremlin...how is it doing?
Were you able to catch it to put it in a hospital tank?

Kremlin

I caught it and moved but when i checked on him this morning, he was dead. :waa::waa::waa::waa: I had been feeding him a lot, including nori sheets, but he was still getting thinner.