WTB: Percs

Jiddy

I am going to buy a pair of percs or ocell's, just wanted a recommendation on where to buy them? LFS isnt an option

Newt

MDL is Marine Depot Live great stuff and very reasonable prices.

Here's the direct link to MDL's percs: http://marinedepotlive.com/true-percula-clown---amphiprion-percula-fish--clowns.html $21

and now to RM percs: http://reefermadness.us/RMD-Amphiprion percula.htm $19

LiveAquaria.com is another good site, they carry both Wild Caught and tank bred clowns:
Wild Caught $14.99-$26.99
Tank Bred $14.99

I've also done business with fishsupply.com and been pleased with customer service, but I've never purchased fish from them...they do have good prices for their true percs though.
True Percs

I've heard mixed reviews on Jeff's Exotic Fish, but his t. percs are quite cheap for small. Small $9.00 Medium 17.00 Large $19.99
Jeff's Exotics

That's all I can think of for now, happy hunting...lemme know which you go with.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Not So Local Fish Store??

OOPS sorry Doni,,,hit the edit button instead of quote,,,i need more coffee

Last edited by a moderator:

Warnberg

Also Jiddy, you will have better luck buying tank raised juvinile clowns and having them pair up on there own. Sometimes an estabished pair after shipping will act like they don't even know each other, fight and never breed again. Yes I know it takes longer.....

JMO

Witfull

Woodstock said:
yepper, road trip to get a pair,,,with fish, i like to see them,,corals you can judge well by picture,,but hard with fish.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Woodstock said:

OOPS sorry Doni,,,hit the edit button instead of quote,,,i need more coffee

/me makes a strong pot of coffee for Witty~~ ;)

Jiddy

Thanks everyone, long time no see Warnberg!

I got 2 orange ocell's today. Some day i would like some a pair of blacks too. My questions:

Where did you get/recommned black clowns?
Do you think since the orangies will be established there will be a problem with 4 clowns in a 220?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I'll keep an eye out for black clowns for you..

As far as having 2 types of clowns in a 220... you should be just fine. However, I will say that my breeding pair of ocellaris that I have had for over 5 yrs, became VERY territorial when I added my new tiny regal tang. The female would relentlessly chase and bite it (then began chasing the other fish in the tank too :( ); keeping them all in one tiny corner of my 4' tank. I gave the clown pair to a fellow reefer that lives near me and has given me tons of free stuff, then I replaced them with GSM..... Anyways, the moral to the story is they get very territorial with age so I would add the 2 types soon.

Warnberg

Yeah Jiddy, been busy... my clowns are pairing up now going thru the motions although I think they are a little young yet. built myself a culture station for grren water, rotofers and BBS.... plus a stand for the 20 gallon QT tank and 3 10 gallon rearing tanks.... so yeah been a little busy

Jiddy

Just wanted to tell you guys i went out and bought my clowns at the LFS, i have to agree with you Witty (didnt think id say that, lol, jk) Its just nicer to see the product, know its healthy and support your LFS. Plus PetSolution Cust Service is so bad i canceled my order, it was pathetic, and since this is the second time, im givin up on them. Anyways, ill post some pics in my thread when i get homE!