Please help dont want it to happen agen
b90f9997bf5a0a6615037cca3777f140.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hello Matthew :wave:
:rbwwelc:WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:

So, You are thinking a WORM :ponder2: caused a break in your sump:confuseded:
I can't tell from your photos what happened.
Maybe you could share MORE INFORMATION so someone can give you the advice you need. :)
Hope you got the situation fixed.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 ^ can't tell from the pic exactly what happened...

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics

DaveK

This looks more like a gap or failure of the silicone. If there is a gap, even a very small one, water can get it there and algae and bacteria can grow. This is what I believe occurred. I don't think you need to worry about some silicon eating worm.

Oxylebius

There are worms that are known to burrow in silicon. I just heard a presentation about some at MACNA. A large tank in Steinhart Aquarium had this problem. Worms burrowing and parrot fish eating silicon, created wholes and leaks in a very large tank.

Now, I'm not sure if this is what really happened to you. I'd guess you would have found the worm in its burrow in the silicon if it is the case.

125reefwatcher

Home made sump? Looks like silicone separation due to moisture/oil trapped during application.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

matthewkennaway

Aqua reef 300 second owner looked like factory silicon work lucky I'm a glazier I pulled it all down and re sealed the lot and made a second sump that's sitting in the shed so if something was to happen like this again I'm ready. And hello people I'm Matthew new to this site been fish keeping for the last 8 years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk