Willie's plywood adventure

Willie McDaries

Hey Willie, just checking in on you

glad to see you still around JoJo,every things still moving slowly forward,I should have my glass Monday evening,I'll be off work that Wed.,Thurs.,and Fri, of next week....maybe I can get my glass installed during that time

Willie McDaries

well folks,I have a sump tank that holds water,my grin is much bigger that the little guy here :) here are some pics

HPIM3012.jpg

HPIM3013.jpg

HPIM3014.jpg

HPIM3016.jpg

HPIM3015.jpg

my cobbled up plumbing,is just pressed together,it has a slow drip,between the elbow and the ball valve,but this is just for testing,all this will be done right once it ready to run :)

Willie McDaries

today,I've also sanded the frame for the glass,its ready now for the silicon....I should have my glass tomorrow...I'll test fit it to make sure every thing looks good...then I need to get my silicon and maybe I can get this thing full of water in a week or two :) here are some pics of the frame

HPIM3007.jpg

HPIM3009.jpg

HPIM3010.jpg

Basile

Thats amazing Will, good show. I love this. Kudos for ya man great job!!

Can i have a sprite too, lol:chair:

Willie McDaries

Thats amazing Will, good show. I love this. Kudos for ya man great job!!

Can i have a sprite too, lol:chair:

thanks guys

basile,I got 1 more can of sprite in there,your more than welcome to it.....it might be a while before I can get it to you though....it be a long journey.....I'd love see more of Canada....I caught a glimpse once from Michigan,about 25 years ago :)

Willie McDaries

I have a build thread on reef central also,and I've met a guy over there thats just started a new aquarium store....he has went out of his way to help with my build,suggesting equipment and what not.......if anyones interested in checking his store out....PM me...I'll give you the link,I'd post it here,but I don't think thats allowed....or just look on my build over there for Matt shack....click on his little red house
Reef Central Online Community - redtop03's 360 gallon plywood adventure

I have a build thread on reef central also,and I've met a guy over there thats just started a new aquarium store....he has went out of his way to help with my build,suggesting equipment and what not.......if anyones interested in checking his store out....PM me...I'll give you the link,I'd post it here,but I don't think thats allowed....or just look on my build over there for Matt shack....click on his little red house
Reef Central Online Community - redtop03's 360 gallon plywood adventure

Good job mang. That is a great looking sump. I can't wait for it to be full of water and up and running. What are you going to plan on keeping? SPS?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Handy work you've done there Willie! If your reefing skills are anything like your building skills, we're in for one hell of a beautiful reef! I enjoyed reading through your chronicle. Keep it coming!

Willie McDaries

thanks guys,
wakeskater02,I'm trying to just keep the easy coral for now,but I am trying to get everything ready for what ever else that I think I can take care of later,I'm still new and have a lot to learn before I try the sps,but I am addicted to saltwater :)

dentoid,I don't know about building skills,I was lucky enough to not loose any fingers to the saw...yet :) my reefing skills are still a work in progress,but I'm learning....and I'm hoping for a beautiful reef

I do have my glass for the tank now....I'll try to get pics tomorrow,may start the install Wednesday,I got to round up some help with the glass,it's kinda heavy,but it's laying in the frame right now and it looks great :)

Varga

hey any updates? thats a pretty decent price on the glass. I paid much ore than that and I shopped around alot too

Willie McDaries

hey matt,
you'll like it here,there's a lot a good helpful friendly people in this forum too.......check Varga's build out,that's 1 of the reason I started mine...I wish I'd did my top cross bracing like Varga did,but after adding the front euro I didn't have room.... I think it'll be fine like I'll have it though :)

Varga,
after checking all around 100's of miles away,I find a glass store within 35 miles that beats everybody else's prices,I am happy with the price,they let me have it at a few dollars over their cost.....a friend of mine builds cabinets for a living,he buys all his glass there.....I think he put in a good word for me ;)

hello sambrinar, thank you

MattShack

Willie, I like what I see so far. I'll definitely post my build over here also. Going to check out varga's build as soon as I post this message.

Wish I could have found my glass locally. The cheapest price I could find locally was double what I paid. Even found one place willing to sell it to me for four times what I paid. I bet they would :)

Basile

Can't wait to see your glass panel installed....come on man i'm leaving monday LOl; yes they called me i got to be on the ship Monday, not sure what time yet. They keep that secret you know...lol My stuff is in the tank now.:thumbup:

Willie McDaries

Willie, I like what I see so far. I'll definitely post my build over here also. Going to check out varga's build as soon as I post this message.

Wish I could have found my glass locally. The cheapest price I could find locally was double what I paid. Even found one place willing to sell it to me for four times what I paid. I bet they would :)

you could have came to south east Ky,and got it :bouncer:

Willie McDaries

Can't wait to see your glass panel installed....come on man i'm leaving monday LOl; yes they called me i got to be on the ship Monday, not sure what time yet. They keep that secret you know...lol My stuff is in the tank now.:thumbup:

basile,I hope you posted pics in your thread,I'll go look....I have a special treat for you,I have my glass in the tank all siliconed in,my neighbor came over and helped me,we got in in there,the silicon is a mess,we got it all over everything,so I have some cleaning to do,...I'm uploading pics to photobucket...I'll have 'em here in a bit