Will a 4x39W T5 HO System grow most corals ??

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
How deep is this tank? At 15" I'd say yes it'll grow many. At 24 I'd say shop Craigslist buddy.

Jblaise

Yea but wouldn't the 6 T5 ho provide more then enough lol The leds are more for Moonlight and daytime shimmer effects. Come to find out it doesn't come with bulbs..would still put me at $400. Around $300 with 4-6 T5 Ho and a few Leds would be nice thou.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
this might help with a light recommendation...

Look at the specs of the RSM 250 (66 gallon)

Dimensions (LxWxH) 960 x 552 x 665 mm (38 x 21 x 26.2”)

Lighting 6 x 39W T5 Linear

Red Sea MAX 250 | Specification

Q: Are the lighting and circulation in the MAX suitable for all kinds of invertebrates?
A:
In long-term tests we conducted on the MAX 130 & 130Din our laboratory, the system proved capable of supporting all soft corals (Sarcophyton sp., Lobophytum sp., Sinularia sp., Xenia; Cladiella sp., etc.), all LPSs (Large Polyp Scleractinia, like Euphyllia sp., Plerogyra sp., Nemenzophyllia sp., Trachphyllia sp., Caulestra sp., etc.), some SPSs (Small Polyp Scleractinia, such as Stylophora sp. and Seriatopora), sea anemones, all types of crustacean (cleaner shrimps, peppermint shrimps, hermit crabs, scarlet hermit crabs), sea stars and giant clams (Tridacna sp.).

The Max 250 has been designed specifically to be capable of supporting even the most delicate SPS corals, and offers no limitations other than the physical size of the aquarium.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
If it helps... good bulbs play a big role too

I went with these bulbs from Reefgeeks:

One - ATI Purple Plus 39W 36" T5 Bulb

Three - ATI Blue Plus 39W 36" T5 Bulb

Two - ATI 12000K Aquablue Special 39W 36" T5 Bulb

Lots know more about lights than I do... investing in quality ones is wise as they support the growth of lots of your corals, one place not to skimp