• To show off.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To play god!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please let us know below)

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

LSUFireGal

My 8 year old son is autistic and sharing this hobby with him has saved my sanity and keeps him downstairs and engaged with us. He even runs his own facebook page about his tank. Facebook.com/KylesReef check it out! :)

MrsNemo

Just to have a little piece of the ocean in my living room relaxes me, also salt water is such a challenge some thing is always changing in the tank. I like to spent hubbys money lol

BackEast

Always wanted one as a kid, and when my youngest daughter showed an interest that's all I needed to jump in with both feet. :yup:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
We need an "all of the above" option LOL!

I was literally "born" into keeping water boxes. My parents kept and raised "Freshie" fish before I was born. At one time we have over 20 different aquariums in our home. When I got married my wife also enjoyed the "water box" and over time we added a "salty" tank. That was the beginning of a whole new era for us. One turned into 2 salty tanks and then the only fresh tank we had got converted to salty LOL!

I have a strong passion for anything in the water and water in general with a significant passion for the Ocean in general. It's great to have my own personal piece of the ocean at home and here on my desk at work.

Choff

My 8 year old son is autistic and sharing this hobby with him has saved my sanity and keeps him downstairs and engaged with us. He even runs his own facebook page about his tank. Facebook.com/KylesReef check it out! :)

This is beautiful.

...stupid auto correct

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I do it because my tank AMAZES ME :heart:
I started out as a child with a fruit jar of minnows that I hand caught out of a creek while all the other kids were swimming. When I wasn't catching fish to try to keep, I was sitting in a clover patch catching butterflies & bees.
:ponder2: I've always been fascinated by what I could keep alive in a glass cage :heart:

DaveK

I keep aquariums because I like to. The fish and other living things create a beautiful picture. It's really fantastic when I come home in the winter, when it's all dark and cold outside, and see my tropical reef and my FW planted tank all looking so lush and full of life.

And that is why much more space is devoted to my aquariums than my TV.

LSUFireGal

This is beautiful.

...stupid auto correct

Thank you. The first time I ever really understood how being autistic makes him feel was the day I found him pressed against the glass humming. When I asked him what was on his mind he said he wished he could live in his tank because I could always take care of him and everything is always the same in there. I still can't decide if it is one of the most beautiful things I have heard him say or one of the saddest.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hope you don't mind, a pic of Kyle from his facebook page - a good :read: :)

https://www.facebook.com/KylesReef

Can tell he really enjoys his tank !

1922408_292201810928478_1516853836_n.jpg

Creekview

I've had aquariums since I was about 10. Five gallon stainless steel frame with guppies and mollies, an angel fish or two. In my late teens we moved to Ft. Lauderdale and I took up SCUBA. Since I've been almost exclusively salt. A couple of fresh water tanks over the years to satisfy wife and kids, but the salt has been my addiction. In my current setups I've tried to re-create the look of the in-shore shallow reefs I snorkeled and dove in the late 60's and 70's. It was a happier, simpler time. My reefs take me back in time, give me some inner peace and tranquility.

Diverjohn

I started in after scuba diving and wanting a bit of ocean in the winter in Indiana. It's better then looking at pictures of the ocean. Thankfully my wife enjoys them, even if I give her grief about not having the time to take care of them as I should. She has done a lot of the fragging and will work the extra hours to get some new equipment every now and then, like the AI Vegas i got a few months back. My 2yo son really enjoys them and likes helping feed the fish. Now to get him to enjoy helping with the maintenance!