Who's the culprit?

Aquagirl826

This is the second time one of my clown fish have mysteriously gone missing.

I have - excuse me...HAD! - 2 clown fish, a fire shrimp, Kenya tree, and mini carpet

Who's the culprit?!?!? I have a murderer!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 32

DaveK

Just because you have a missing fish, it doesn't mean some other livestock killed it.

You could have a hitchhiker like a mantis shrimp
The fish could have just died on you for one reason or another. Many clowns sold today are in fairly bad shape.
The fish could have jumped out.
The fish could have had a bad encounter with a piece of equipment or gone down an overflow.

Sometimes you just never find out what happened.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
index.php

How old is your tank? Did the clowns get along ?

mr_tap_water

If it's not dead under the rocks and has not jumped ,then in my opinion the only possible culprit would be the mini carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxylebius

How long has the tank been running?
Did you test to see if you've had ammonia readings? Ammonia poisoning can kill fish and other critters.
Did you test other tank parameters to make sure that everything is running at levels where it should be?
Ammonia and nitrate, salinity, temp, etc.

Therapy

Clowns are famous for jumping out. Check your overflow, sump and plumbing going to it. I just fished one out of my HOB overflow on Q-tank today.
If not, regrettably check the floor. Or do you have a cat that would clean up the sushi?
Sorry.

Therapy

Also, I have observed that clowns (Perculas and Ocellaris) tend to hang out at the upper corner of a tank (usually back) if they are stressed and near death. Did you observe this behavior?