what's your favorite powerhead

clown lover

Hi clown lover, i had the same issues with the stock skimmer on the RSM250, after some research i pushed the button on a Deltec MC500, it fits straight in.

Pros : its quite, it runs cooler than stock skimmer, it skims like you have no idea
Cons: its expensive, the collection cup could be bigger.

Overall IMO its a really good skimmer, do some research and if you have any questions please do not hesitate ask me.
Hi, where did you your MC500 from? I heard they stopped making them, BTW you will really like the Tunzie ato, I just put one in and it's great and worth the money too. Cheers Laurie

Big Pete

Hi, where did you your MC500 from? I heard they stopped making them, BTW you will really like the Tunzie ato, I just put one in and it's great and worth the money too. Cheers Laurie
Hi I bought mine from Charterhouse aquatics in the UK, they have a website maybe you can check there, tell me this which chamber it you locate the sensor for the ATO, i have purchased it but not installed it yet as i have been busy at work, its on my to do list this weekend.

clown lover

Hi I bought mine from Charterhouse aquatics in the UK, they have a website maybe you can check there, tell me this which chamber it you locate the sensor for the ATO, i have purchased it but not installed it yet as i have been busy at work, its on my to do list this weekend.
Thanks I'll try them by e-mail.
I put the sensor in the last chamber to the left where the large return pump is and I also like it there because you can see it through the sump level window, seems to work well in that chamber.