What RS is really about . . .

JoeCanada11

As some of you know I also keep 8 legged critters. I moderate on a tarantula forum that was created for the same reason. To get away from trolls and flame wars. To be able to ask questions without being ridiculed. And to posit theories without being totally criticized. Etc. I'm glad I read this post. Much of what I see on the web makes me fear for humanity. It's nice to find another place like this.

BUMP because everyone should read Als original post!!!

And big thanks to the admins and mods that work hard to keep things going.

Ugly Stik

Very nice, I am part of a Cichlid forum that is absolutely no help at all for my freshwater aquariums and I am soon to start a saltwater tank and did not want to even post any questions there knowing they wouldn't get answered lol. So I joined here to read up and learn how to swim before i jumped in the deep end lol. From what I have read so far I am very impressed on the friendliness of this site. Also I am going through and trying to get my 5 posts in so i can post a pic on a thread of my sick fish lol

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
From day one, I've received nothing but positive support and advice from the moderators to newbies empathizing with my new tank woes. This is by far the best place to be, and I've shadowed many a forum!

StirCrayzy

Very nice, I am part of a Cichlid forum that is absolutely no help at all for my freshwater aquariums and I am soon to start a saltwater tank and did not want to even post any questions there knowing they wouldn't get answered lol. So I joined here to read up and learn how to swim before i jumped in the deep end lol. From what I have read so far I am very impressed on the friendliness of this site. Also I am going through and trying to get my 5 posts in so i can post a pic on a thread of my sick fish lol
Welcome!
I'm sure you've found our freshwater forum, many here (self included) started with fresh before making the switch/addition of salt.

I'm finally reading through all of the stickies and came upon this. I wholeheartedly recommend all new RS members and lurkers alike read through this thread. Very respectable ideology, something worth emulating.

TL;DR... Bump :wave:

yorkieUK

PREMIUM
Hi Guys, I'm just about to start a 170 ltr (UK) tank for the first time.
My past experience with aquariums has only been keeping tropical fish.
I'm looking forward to my first reef tank and will keep you posted from this side of the pond.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to RS! Start a tank thread so we can follow your journey!! :swmfish:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

puffermike

This place has the best community. I've been on other forums and I don't particularly care for their attitudes. Great thread!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Just bumping this thread... for anyone new to RS or any guest viewing, that might be considering RS as their new online sw home.

:tennis:

Leo

First of all I want to say this isn't directed at one person or group of people. I've noticed a "Trend" over the last few months and I just wanted to put this out there so we're all reminded of what a great place this is.

I want to try and convey to everyone at RS to remember what makes us different than most other forums on the web. We all know what "other" forums I'm talking about and why we're not hanging out at those places. When you go "there" you get ridiculed for asking simple questions, you get slammed for a less than perfect answer and you get banned for not "going with the flow".

That's pretty much the opposite of what we have here at RS. We genuinely care about each other and have a deep rooted desire to not only help but to TEACH and NURTURE each other so that the community as a whole grows. We are known around the whole internet as a place that's friendly and helpful. We are known because we "meet people where they are and help them to grown and learn". We may not know all of the chemistry and biology that goes on inside the tank but we know how to make up water, do water changes and take care of beginner and advanced husbandry skills in our tanks and most of all we care about each other as individuals and not just Keyboard Warriors.

Let's not forget we ALL started at the same place and we have all made many mistakes (I think I've made them all a FEW times over). I'm as guilty as the next person for getting frustrated but when that happens it's just time to take a step back and get a fresh breath of air (go do a 95% water change LOL). Then come back realizing we're here to help foster not only the hobby as a whole but the camaraderie and relationships that this hobby brings to us.[/QUOTE
Hello there, I'm very new here and after a short two weeks, I have absolutely found a new family. There has not been a single individual here who hasn't responded with warmth and a good vibe. Looking forward to a renewed experience in this hobby!!