What kind of mushroom did I get and is it doing OK?

torahtrance

I got some mushrooms the other day and since I got them it looks like the mushrooms are shriveling up. No idea why this is happening but also I know nothing so maybe this is normal? I tried putting them in different lighting and flow conditions but don't see much improvement at all.

Water condition should be good I'm using a few different things to make sure from the LFS.
uploadfromtaptalk1427122076329.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
From what I know, Mushrooms either LIKE your tank or they DON'T. :rolleyes:
I have done exceptionally well with all corals I have put in my tank EXCEPT mushrooms & Ricordea. Can't keep them thriving in my tank. They disappear or melt away. :confused:
What other corals do you have? How are they doing?

You should start a tank thread & share your build :thumbup:

Travis

Administrator
Staff member
RS STAFF
Those look like ricordea to me! Nice!

Please tell us more about your tank and water parameters. Ricordea and mushrooms in general can be pretty tough but still have basic requirements.

Travis

Administrator
Staff member
RS STAFF
I would also like to add that this thread title will probably have RS and my family on some DEA watchlist. :)

torahtrance

I just got a shipment from the US in of some goodies! Poly filter eheim pump rw15 pH seachem purigen... Have ammonia 0 nitrites no idea but probably 0 and nitrates can't imagine them being higher then 0 cause I have a powerful algae scrubber and some chemical nitrate removers plus chemipure in my sump and phosguard... I will take more pictures tomorrow but I think these cool mushrooms are fading away. I also have multi coloured Zora's and a really cool frogspawn that seems to be doing well. I got all 3 only 2 weeks ago and they are new to my tank.