What kind of fish eggs

vsiege

I have these clear bubbles attached to the walls of the glass. Inside there are some white balls. I can tell you what pairs I have: firefish gobies, yellow tail damsels and Scarlett shrimp. Any ideas?
zedasupe.jpg

vsiege

thanks. just to be clear, I'm only talking about the very large bubbles. There's 3 in the photo.
That would be cool if they were jelly fish. I could see that they might be snails

Mike Johnson

If you take a look at the one by itself to the left you'll see it's covered with minute hairs called cilia. I believe it is a planula larva of a jellyfish that has just settled. I did a search around and couldn't find any pictures of one in this stage. I've seen it myself though. You'll know very soon though because it will grow a stalk that will be attached to the glass and an oval disc. At this stage it could be confused with a hydroid or clear aiptasia.

Or I could be completely wrong and it might be a hydroid developing. Either way let's wait it out a couple days and see?

Mike Johnson

I'm pretty sure it's a jellyfish. Definitely not aiptasia. I meant to say that a jellyfish polyp can be confused with a hydroid or clear aiptasia. Do you see the cilia that I was talking about?

vsiege

Yes, i see them. Looks like the case. Those are good snails. Thanks for digging deep. I will have to update you.