• Other

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Huh?!

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm glad you found it useful. I have 3 boys, oldest being 8. The approach you're taking is dead on. My kids will not have a computer in their room either.

Because my kids are so young, I haven't tested K9 against the rigors of a 9th grader. Kids are darn clever these days, He/She may be able to bypass it. Another reason to not have the computer in the room:)

That's the FIRST step to protecting your children from the SCUM of the net. It's just to easy to get lulled into a sense of security. These scum-balls are SMART and good at what they do. Keep the computer in a FAMILY area where everyone can "Enjoy" it. Even a laptop doesn't need INTERNET access upstairs in the kid's room :)

One that works!! :D

Some of my internet links wont work with FF like Quickbooks online,,, and ummm that is kinda important!! So I use explorer, whatever one is loaded. Works fine

I have the same problem. I use gotomypc.com so I am able to work from home alot using Quickbooks. It would not work, so I had to keep using IE. And dont start with the coding thing, I have no idea what you are talking about, lol. Just plain english will be fine :woohoo:

plecosword

I have the same problem. I use gotomypc.com so I am able to work from home alot using Quickbooks. It would not work, so I had to keep using IE. And dont start with the coding thing, I have no idea what you are talking about, lol. Just plain english will be fine :woohoo:
my dad uses that too, whats wrong with the one xp come from? I trhink its only in xp profesional edition.

Maybe thats my problem, I have the home edition at the office & at home? All I know is it wont work at all, when you click connect it does absolutely nothing...

my dad uses that too, whats wrong with the one xp come from? I trhink its only in xp profesional edition.

plecosword

Maybe thats my problem, I have the home edition at the office & at home? All I know is it wont work at all, when you click connect it does absolutely nothing...

Yeah, the computer you are accessing from has to be Professional edition and in vista, Business or Ultimate edition. My dad says its easier than upgrading..

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
XP Home doesn't have "Remote Management" but if you're looking for that I use LogMeIn and it's multi-browser compatible and it works GREAT! I have all my clients on it so I can "remotely" work on their systems to save time (at least sometimes)

Mya

Okay, 2 pages of reading and I'm all caught up.

I still stick with FF... as my choice... haha..
But, I'm happy to see a lot of ppl are watching what there kids are doing online. I have an 8 yr old neighbor that loves to come to my house and play with the computers but man it makes me nervous. Even the disney thing she plays... Its like this penguin thing... Even that makes me nervous. I never leave her alone and I constantly watch what she does. That was the only thing from the commercials on Vista that I heard that actually interested me. Tho, I dont think I will ever upgrade personally to vista myself.

Mya

Haha, it's not the penguin so much as...
Well, it has a chat function. Thats the part that worries me. I don't want some psycho on there talking to her... and her answering questions that she shouldn't. It amazes me how ppl will post up so much personal info about themselves... Or let such personal stuff slip.

I was looking at MySpace the other day and this girl had her name/age/location up... and a pic of herself in her HS cheerleading uniform... Hmm.. How hard is it really to find someone...

My neighbor is a gorgeous lil girl... and I dont want to make the mistake of someone asking something and in the end... being responsible for someone hurting her. I could never forgive myself if something happened to her on the account that I was to lazy to pay attention to what she was doing. I wouldnt leave her alone in a store... standing by herself... Why would I do that on the net?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Just a word of caution to anyone with kids or close to kids.....

Predators are VERY good at what they do and for the most part VERY intelligent. They know what questions to ask and will take notes and put the "puzzle" together with very minimal details. You can NOT be overly cautious about what you disclose about yourself. It's SAD very sad what I've seen....

Edison

Opera. IMO, it's the best, most secure and fastest browser there is. Loads of good features and a built in Torrent client.
If I still coded web pages, I'd use Firefox due to the many great plug-ins it has for coders.

Giles Delores

Well, my favorite web browser is Firefox. It is the most configurable web browser out of all. I am more & more comfort with its options.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

jbuenavides

I have always been dependent on using google chrome both work and researching. My recent search on history is a water scarecrow to stop my dog from digging the crops in the backyard.

Last edited: