What is this snail without a shell?

zigman

I posted this on my tank thread but thought I might find help here.
This crawled out of my rock tonite. Friend or Foe?

Blndbunny

Looks like a stomatella snail, and they are good. Their shell is hidden under their mantel, and it's domed and flat like a fingernail

zigman

Cool! Thanks for the ID. It is amazing how something so sizable could hide in the rock and remain unnoticed for over a month. Just glad it is not a problem.

Ceradee

I have two of those in my tank right now, one is black and one is white. Are they the same thing? Sometimes they even seem to hang out together!

Choff

I love stomas, the variations in their shell colors is incredible. I must have 50 in my tank and there are sone with beautiful rainbow shells. Mine reproduce like crazy.

...stupid auto correct

olgalit

I really wanted one myself - but funny enought no one at local shops even knew what is stomatela - and then around one month ago I have seen something weired when I looked closer it was a whitish stomatella baby! I was so happy haha i bet it came with some rock or something. It grew up n abit since but I do not think it is reached it final size. I heared they can reproduse on their own, is it true?

Choff

Inland aquatics is the only place I found that sells them online. Their shipping rate is very high and they are not cheap to begin with. I ordered a bunch of macro algae and they did give very generous portions.

I ordered 6 about 6 months ago and everywhere I look I see them. I don't know if they can self reproduce.

...stupid auto correct