What is the history of Reef Sanctuary?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
wow! It's really COOL to see where the forum came from

Thanks for ALL who make it what it is :)

Wave Rider

A history as a main forum would be great! Take some time formulating the wording of the history - or - you may get more questions than you can accomodate. We have a site visited by 40K a month and will link your fantastic site tomorrow, Welcome to the Santa Barbara Bird Farm. Unless you are into exotic birds, which actually "reefsancturary" is not too far removed (sanctuary for all of the exotic animals) is best for the planet as a whole.

Witfull

im the resident spatula whopper, i call it like it is, i dont sugar coat things. thats my history. i will give honest answers no matter if what i say is what you want to hear. i can kudo you, offer advice or call you out......reguardless, i give hosesty. and that is what RS is about. straight up truth, with a smile~

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
worthy of a :bump:

A real Sanctuary of forums ! Did you know when Teri & Travis started RS & picked the name RS that was the thought... how cool is that !

No flames here only a real Sanctuary of forums

Cassette87

You guys should get a new badge that says Reef Sanctuary Founder.

+1 :) I came into the picture later on, and have been on and off over the years due to school, but at the end of the day, I always find myself back on RS sooner or later. Simply can't beat it. Thanks everyone who makes RS what it is today!

tnwillia

Thanks Glenn, great to know! Maybe a paragraph on the main page titled "About Us" with a short history of the site could be added as it's been around for a while.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Not me man! I just post the news as it happens. Live! All the time! LOL :)
If someone writes up something I will find a way though. This may be a topic for Travis to get involved in.

gumhead

No connection. Just same vbulletin software behind the scenes making everything work. It's the same software many forums use, if you look at other forums, not just on reefkeeping you will see they use the same software and have the same "feel" in how a lot of the stuff works. Regardless it's the people that make the forum work or not.

Yup some good memories!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Well this is a great thread! I remember all the old time guys/gals......reeflady knew "everything", pro builder built "everything" DIY, BrianE had a huge plywood tank to mention a few. I was out of the game for a bit but when i got into it i carried the "contributing member" badge before I traded it in for the premium member badge........

It would be awesome if we could have both of them show......I want to continue to support RS but really want my "contributing member" badge back!

Question: As foggy as my brain is but didn't most of us come over from RAG (reef aquarium guide)?

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Question: As foggy as my brain is but didn't most of us come over from RAG (reef aquarium guide)?

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Yes we did.

BrianE had a huge plywood tank

I bought some of my SPS corals from BrianE they were the fastest growing corals I ever had and still have...lol

Frankie

RS STAFF
Yep, everyone in the beginning came from RAG after a fall out over there in mass.
I did not even know about computers yet back then. Doni and Witful recruited me from an IRC chat room one day about a year later and I have been here ever since.

Mojo was a huge influence on me also. He was a major contributor to the start up of RS.

Last edited:

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I went back into the member galleries and pulled a few pics of my previous tank, 90 AGA. Frankie, anything look familiar?

Attachments

• full_tank_all_out.jpg
    full_tank_all_out.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 38
  • tank out 2.jpg
    tank out 2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 38