What is the history of Reef Sanctuary?

Willie McDaries

Well this is a great thread! I remember all the old time guys/gals......reeflady knew "everything", pro builder built "everything" DIY, BrianE had a huge plywood tank to mention a few. I was out of the game for a bit but when i got into it i carried the "contributing member" badge before I traded it in for the premium member badge........

It would be awesome if we could have both of them show......I want to continue to support RS but really want my "contributing member" badge back!

Question: As foggy as my brain is but didn't most of us come over from RAG (reef aquarium guide)?

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

is there a build thread on Brians plywood tank ? I'd love to read about it

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Hi Willie,
When I first came back, I tried looking up BrianE but wasn't able to......maybe a mod can track him down. He was a super awesome guy who could make anything work! When I broke down my tank (Pics above) I sent him all my extra stuff (refrac, ph monitor etc)......he was appreciative! I think his tank was a 200+ system that sat on poured concrete in his fish room (which was a portion of a trailer welded into the back of his double wide)......like I said, guy was incredible with what he came up with!

Frankie

RS STAFF
is there a build thread on Brians plywood tank ? I'd love to read about it

I took a look but it seems all the threads he did the pictures are missing now.
Too bad, Brian's tank was killer! He had that 320 setup in wall in a mobile home stuffed with corals.

Bryan, yeah man! I drove 380 miles with my daughter to buy those two colony's of monti's! Very cool man :thumbup: The good old days~

yankieman

I joined shortly after the site started and I remember all those names mentioned , what a walk down memory lane , I didnt talk much back then just followed but learned so much from everyone just by reading , names like witfull , probuilder, of cource Travis, Reeflady, Curt manwearing I think it was ,, woodstock and many others what helpfull people they was that is why I liked this forum over all the rest and stayed with it, most wont remember me but I was Lurking LOL

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
worthy of a :bump:

A real Sanctuary of forums !

Did you know when Teri & Travis started RS & picked the name RS that was the thought... how cool is that !

No flames here only a real Sanctuary of forums