What do you do on Reef Sanctuary

What do you do when , where, what, how long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Basile

Woke up this morning , 5 Am, my usual time, and began to wonder if i'm the only one up that early and what , how ,when people do, their thing on the site. Curious i am. So this poll is to take the activity side of the site. This is a multi answer poll, so coose as may answers that describes your habits on the site.Take your time, it could help make the site better. as for me on all the site i'm in this is my favorite, and where i have the most fun.
:clink: :winner: :poke: :jabber: :coffee2: :help1: :smack: :bow: :ofr: :banghead: :bluenod: :hug1: :flower: :angel3: :snowski: :bump: :tennis: :golf: :hallo: :chair: :wit: :thumber: :bluegrima :brothawolf:

DrHank

I visit when I can and am just getting back to the site. I've been very busy the past 1 1/2 years forming a local reef club.

I enjoy the chance to help others avoid mistakes I've made in the past. I also love the fact that there are so many knowledgeable individuals from all over the world who contribute here and the friendliness of the members and staff.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I move Basile's polls a lot to the appropriate sections. :D
Just so everyone is aware, this is a multiple choice poll. You can chose more then one question.

AndtheBonus

I might actually be on here 24/7. Well not that much but close. I learn so much everyday it's crazyyy :D Thanks everyoneeeee

lcstorc

A little of this and a little of that. I am mostly hear during weekdays. Evenings and weekends are family time. During the day, I go back and forth between here and doing things around the house.
I like doing most everything on RS. Helping people Being helped Chatting. The family atmosphere here is what broght me to and keeps me on this site instead of any other.

PaulR

You left out asking about if RS is your favorite place online, at least related to the hobby (yes), if the advice here has significant impact on your buying decisions (yes), if you have done or plan to do projects similar to those described on here, like by Frankie and Greg (Framerguy) for instance (yes), if the site has formed a definite community (yes).

:)

By the way, I love the email notification. Since I monitor e-mail all day anyway (part of my job) it is easy to notice when someone has replied to something if I want to. And the immediate and "once daily" sections make it trivial to only pay attention to what I want to pay attention to during the day. Like a couple of the really fun game threads that popped up.

Last edited:

BillW

Right now I can sum it up in one word, LEARN. I read a lot, especially the chronicles. I'm just preparing myself for when I can build my own reef, sometime after my daughter's wedding at the end of the year. Mostly the delay is about dinero, but also time.

I floated the balloon about me building a tank and all of the equipment and let my daughter buy her own wedding gown. Man, I didn't think my wife and daughter knew that many cuss words. So the tank waits till the beginning of the year.

Basile

You left out asking about if RS is your favorite place online, at least related to the hobby (yes), if the advice here has significant impact on your buying decisions (yes), if you have done or plan to do projects similar to those described on here, like by Frankie and Greg (Framerguy) for instance (yes), if the site has formed a definite community (yes).

By the way, I love the email notification. Since I monitor e-mail all day anyway (part of my job) it is easy to notice when someone has replied to something if I want to. And the immediate and "once daily" sections make it trivial to only pay attention to what I want to pay attention to during the day. Like a couple of the really fun game threads that popped up.

Well the poll was mostly about peoples activities on the site. As for their impact, that what the poting is for, lol. Thanks for your time.

tektite

Well, I'm visit frequently while at work, and then browse for an hour or two after work, and check again right before bed, and again right after I wake up. I think I spend too much time here, lol. So much to learn :)

fishmama67

Yes for me too to all you said, Paul! I love this place! I would have already quit tanking from pure discouragement if it wasn't for all the friendly and helpful people at RS!

FishNerd

I am an addict! I worked at a fish store and thrive on giving advice. I am impressed with the collective knowledge of RS. I even like to be gently corrected. I will be moving soon and wont have a tank for at least a year, I plan on getting my NaCl H2o fix here!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I drop in and now and again and post, read, advise, take advice and just hang out. No more than 4 or so hours a day :)

jgking21

I check in all day long. I'm in IT and have 4 monitors, so it is easy to have RS up on one. I learn from others experiences so hopefully I can maintain a stable environment. I also love that I can keep a chronicle and be able to look back at the work I've put into it!

fivel

I also work in an IT-related field and pretty much spend the majority of my day in front of a computer, whether I'm at home or at work - so it's easy for me to spend a huge amount of time. I also catch myself refreshing the forum page looking for an updated post that had occurred in the 15 seconds I spent replying to another post. That's not addiction... that's dedication... :p lol

fivel

Oooooohhhhh... you're making it that much easier for my addiction... errr... i mean dedication. Looking through here and seeing all of my posts being most of the recent ones, it's no wonder i've accumulated over 220+ posts in 2 months, lol