What’s a good option for water purification of around 1m gal per day?

jessywinston

What’s a good option for water purification of around 1m gal per day? Something basic that’s not too complicated to run.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

Here one post that may be of some help...

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/equipment/77051-simple-ro-di-hookup-anyone-can-do.html

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to RS! Tell us a bit more about what you are trying to do. Seems a bit odd to only need 1 gal per day.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hi Jessy :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
I'm curious too as to how much water you are wanting to process each day :ponder2:
I bought a reverse osmosis (RO-Di) system from BRS (Bulk Reef Supply) thinking that it would be too complicated for me to set up. I was very pleasantly surprised at how easy & effortless it was. :thumbup:
You can google anything these days & get simplified YouTube instructions.
Hope you stick around and share your plans!
Very BEST WISHES....:biker

sirrealism

City of Tampa has one that does 25 million gallons a day, and STARTS with seawater.
Yet they still use the Hillsborough river for drinking water. I will never understand politics. I live 20 miles from Tampa and used to live in Tampa.

Steve L

City of Tampa has one that does 25 million gallons a day, and STARTS with seawater.
Yet they still use the Hillsborough river for drinking water. I will never understand politics. I live 20 miles from Tampa and used to live in Tampa.

Follow the money. The contractor that built the desalinization plant was probably a relative of the Mayor or the city council received some kind of kick-back. Somebody always gets very wealthy when a project requires millions of tax payer money.

Where I live in northern California my family uses 16 gallons of water per day per person and pays almost $300 per month. Two thirds of the bill is to pay for a new sewage treatment plant that the city forced through even though we voted it down 3 times.

sirrealism

WOW. Thats a lot of money for water. I bet you dont have an RODI system for your tanks. Thats just insane!!! My god my family uses 4 times that and our bill is 25$
I know not all of Cali is like that but It sure seems the cost of living in Cali is very high. I guess the voters mean nothing.

Choff

I think we use that much to water our lawn. My only cost is the electricity to pump it from the ground + about 5 bucks a month for filtration maintenance .

Jessy, to get this back on point can you clarify 1m gal per day? What would be helpful is to know how much water you use in a week for WC and top off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
hmmm.....1m.......looking at the keyboard the "m" is close to the space bar and if he meant to actually type 1 (space) he could have fat fingered the m........

Can I get a detective badge by my name?

Steve L

WOW. Thats a lot of money for water. I bet you dont have an RODI system for your tanks. Thats just insane!!! My god my family uses 4 times that and our bill is 25$
I know not all of Cali is like that but It sure seems the cost of living in Cali is very high. I guess the voters mean nothing.

Actually I just started using an RO/DI filter but I capture all of the waste water for plants around the yard.

The cost of living in California is horrible and getting a lot worse. Next year they're going to start a new gas tax that is going to raise the price per gallon somewhere between .40 cents and $1.40. That's on top of us already having the most expensive gas in the nation. The average price per gallon right now in the Midwest is around $3.10 and we're paying $4.90 out here. My power bill varies between $300 and $500 per month year round, and our temperature rarely gets below freezing or over 85 in the summer with no humidity, and we don't use AC in the summer. That's in a 4 bedroom 2,200 sf house.

The voter's wishes don't mean much out here. We've had a number of state laws overturned by a single judge.

It's beautiful and the weather is perfect for me, but it's getting to the point where it all just isn't worth it any more.

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Then i suggest you quit voting with your pen and start voting with your FEET. I live in TX. My Electric bill is only over 250 per month for a family of 4, with 4 aquariums and Central Air, about 1-2 months a year. My water bill is combined with sewer, and garbage collection, and is 83.01 per month Every month. We're allotted 3500g per month of use before that bill changes. We've NEVER hit that mark, even watering the lawn, and RO/DI + Normal use.

Snid

Heh... I love how a newbie poster can jump in, ask a question in their only post ever, even up to now, and we still have things to talk about a week later. ;)