WFire's New RSM C250!

WFire

Hello all! Not sure if this is the appropriate location for this thread, but I'll start here anyway.

Just purchased my new Red Sea Max C250 and I'm super excited that I'm 7 days into my new reef! I had a 12 gallon nano for just over a year, and all the live sand, rocks, and even the water were transferred over. I bought new fully cured live rock, and the tanks well underway.

I decided to create this thread because I've been reading up on a lot of the other C250 threads and it has been super helpful for me, and everyone seems very supportive.

My next post will include some more info on my tank so far and I'm sure I'll have some questions. I will also include pics down the road when I can. I know how much I love looking at everyone elses creations so I figure I'll do the same.

WF

WFire

I have a total of 45lbs of live rock and I was just wondering if that will be enough? It appears that most people have more. Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wayne

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Cheers Wayne for starting a tank thread ! We love all pics !

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
you need them "hosted somewhere" like RS or many people use Photobucket

To load them here... click on this link
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?media/

Click on Add Media - load a pic from your PC to RS

once you get a pic loaded (hosted) right click on the pic and choose "Copy Image URL"

then click on the little picture frame icon on the tool bar in every post & add it there - and it will show up

or add this image syntax around it... 1st bracket [ removed so you can see... IMG]http://xxxxxxxxxYOUR URL HERE xxxx[/IMG]

Here how to load then to Photobucket, both ways work great - if you have any problems... just ask, we will help you or even leave any error in a post & I (or any mod) will edit it & fix it & you can see what I did :)

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/...-pics-from-photobucket-nanoreefing4fun.90665/

once you get the hang of it & get 1 pic uploaded (hosted) and it's easy to get the url & get it to show up :dance: you can do it I have helped many members... "that said they were not very good with computers" :winky:

That's what makes RS Special, lots of great members that will help !

Pat24601

I have a total of 45lbs of live rock and I was just wondering if that will be enough? It appears that most people have more. Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wayne

That's probably about what I have. I've been told the rule of thumb of 1 - 1.5 lbs per gallon is kind of a very rough guideline meant to help new people with a way to think about it. What matters is surface space really, not lbs. So,if your live rock is very porous, you don't need as many lbs. What kind of live rock do you have?

Mine, I'm told, is very porous so I need less of it in weight terms.

WFire

Mine is very porous...15lbs is marco dry rock that I had in my nano for a year. The rest is fully cured live rock that looks very similar to the marco. I'll send a pic shortly.

Thanks nanoreefing4fun...I'll follow your instructions and post some photos soon!

WFire

20150314_184325_zpsblbbpipz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20150314_184243_zpskboxmyhw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1426372073835_zpsool7dawi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have no idea if this worked. I can't see any photos so I'm assuming it didn't. I'll give it another shot! :)

Pat24601

If that doesn't work, I think you can just hit the upload file button at the bottom of this rely box and then follow directions from there.

WFire

Finally figured it out. There's a couple to start with. Let me know what you think, or if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

Wayne

WFire

Thanks everyone! I'm just over a week in and because I transferred all my rock, sand, and water, I believe I've avoided a cycle. I've been testing everyday and my ammonia and nitrites are zero and my nitrates are just above zero. Is this possible? I'm pretty sure it is so I put in the fish I have, as well as the coral frags I have. Everything looks good but if I'm wrong please let me know.

Fish stocking list at this point:
Orange Clownfish
Midnight Clownfish
Bi colored Blenny
Potters Angel

Coral frags:
Blastomussa
Neon Green Star Polyp
Short Tentacle Plate Coral
Deep Wine Acan
Torch
Orange Bam Bam Zoos
Cherry Rim Goniastrea

I also have a cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, various snails and hermit crabs.

Pictures will eventually follow. :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Looks good Wayne! :woohoo:
CHEERS for starting a tank thread & sharing your build with us! :yeehoo:
Since you didn't actually see a tank cycle, I'd advise holding off on getting anymore fish for at least a month. Make sure your good bacteria can handle the bioload you already have.
Glad you got the picture loading figured out cause
We L:heart:VE pictures :camera:
Hope you share lots of pictures! :thumber2:

WFire

Thanks for the advice DianaKay! I'll hold off on adding any more to the tank for awhile. I'll also add some pics of the livestock as soon as I can.

I'm super excited with the RSM C250! I definately made the right choice, and I can't wait to see it progress...but I guess I have to wait.:rolleyes:

WFire

Any recommendations for a center piece fish? I was thinking of a yellow tang or a kole tang but I think the C250 is a bit too small. Any thoughts?