Welcome to the RSM club forum!

Nerum

HI everybody,

My name is Sven, i live in Belgium together with my wife and little son.
A little over one month ago I went to our LFS, to get some new food for our tropical sweetwater fish.
This LFS Just started to build a new saltwater division in their current basement. I started taling to THE manager while my 4 year old Son was looking at the new arrivals. After An our talking, my Son and I agreed to try and convince his mother to get rid off THE sweetwatertank and replace it by some nano cube saltwater tank. After one week we went from THE idea of à 60 liter tank to a 130 liter thank. After some more investigation, reading and learning we decided to go crazy and ordered a RSM S500. This tank Will be delivered tomorrow morning. No need to explain how excited my Son and I are. We are counting the minutes.

Regards,
Sven

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
HI everybody,

My name is Sven, i live in Belgium together with my wife and little son.
A little over one month ago I went to our LFS, to get some new food for our tropical sweetwater fish.
This LFS Just started to build a new saltwater division in their current basement. I started taling to THE manager while my 4 year old Son was looking at the new arrivals. After An our talking, my Son and I agreed to try and convince his mother to get rid off THE sweetwatertank and replace it by some nano cube saltwater tank. After one week we went from THE idea of à 60 liter tank to a 130 liter thank. After some more investigation, reading and learning we decided to go crazy and ordered a RSM S500. This tank Will be delivered tomorrow morning. No need to explain how excited my Son and I are. We are counting the minutes.

Regards,
Sven

Hello Sven :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary!
And WOW, You are jumping in to the SW hobby with BIG STYLE!
Congrats on your selection of the RSM S500 ...now, that's EXCITING :D
Hope you'll start a separate thread just for Your tank.
Look forward to following along.
BEST WISHES :biker

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Congrats on the beautiful RSM 500

NJ Reefer

PREMIUM
Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a few months on this and other websites. I love the fact that this forum has a club dedicated to RSM. I picked up a used RSM 250 about 5 months ago. After cycling for 5-6 weeks, I moved the contents of my 20 G tall into the RSM. I'm happy to say the corals and fish are all adjusting well to their new home. Still a lot to learn, and having fun doing it.

Regards,
Doug

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hi Doug :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary!
You are in a great place here & a most exciting time in the hobby with a newly cycled RSM 250!
Hope you stick around and start a tank thread so we (who have the same tank :D) can follow along and share your progress.
:crowd:BEST WISHES :biker

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Doug,

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

SunandOcean

Hello RSM folks!

I am Krish, I picked/adopted/saved a RSM 130 recently, the folks who had this lost interest on this aquarium and traded for my services.
So here I am indulging my Nano aquarium wish! I got the aquarium yesterday and cleaned well & running it in vinegar water now

I just wanted to drop by and say hello and meet fellow RSM folks!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Looking forward to seeing you start a thread mate :) I'll surely follow along :D (Oh and we all LOOVVE pictures so don't be shy :p)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Krish,

welcomefish.gif

745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hello RSM folks!

I am Krish, I picked/adopted/saved a RSM 130 recently, the folks who had this lost interest on this aquarium and traded for my services.
So here I am indulging my Nano aquarium wish! I got the aquarium yesterday and cleaned well & running it in vinegar water now

I just wanted to drop by and say hello and meet fellow RSM folks!

Hey Krish :wave:
Congrats on your tank adoption and :welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary!
There's a great group of RSM owners here to share the addiction with & help if you run into problems or just want to share your progress with. Hope you set up a tank thread & post pictures as you build.
BEST WISHES :biker

SunandOcean

Thanks, I just started a new build thread. Appreciate all the inputs, I get a lot of inspiration from people from this forum.
Hopefully I can keep up with some of the beautiful setup we see in here!

shellynjason

Hi All!

I am new to ReefSanctuary just joined today after finding this site while searching all I could find on the RSM systems. How fantastic to find such a group as this!!

We just bought a RSM 650 last night at our LFS in Nashville TN. I know we are going to want to upgrade alot of stock stuff right out of the gate so I can't wait to learn advice from everyone in this group.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

NickF

Hi,

I have just ordered an RSM C130 today, have been told it should take 3 weeks to arrive which will give me time to get some other equipment.
I'm planning on getting the RSM starter kit, 10kg Red Sea Reef pink dry aragonite sand, 20kg Live Rock & a Refractometer to start.
I'm planning on keeping mixed reef/fish, and will be taking things extemely S L O W.
I'm really excited to see the new C series tank, it seems that RSM have taken notice of previous issues with tank noise & the media rack/skimmer upgrades lots of people have done and I hope not to have to make any mods as I'm a novice so the all in one option really appeals. I've not seen any C130s set up yet, has anyone seen any threads?
I've been lurking on the boards for quite a while and have learned much but quite a lot goes over my head so I'll be looking for lots of help but this certainly seems like the right place.
I've read that some people dip the live rock in coraldip, but doesn't that defeat the object of getting live rock?

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome Nick, there are plenty of folks on here that run their 130s completely stock.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Welcome to the RSM Club !

No new C series tanks in the Club yet, you may be the 1st :) look forward to seeing your new tank !