Water mixing container

melvis

I recently replaced my old water mixing and RODI containers as they appeared to be leaching something into the water.

The TDS output from my RODI unit is 000 and maintains this when in the new RODI container but weirdly, has now climbed to 029 when transferred to the new container (with lid) that I use for mixing up saltwater. It was purchased as food grade so I'd hoped it would suffice.

Does any one have any ideas as to what could be causing it?

I did accidentally leave it outside overnight and being in the UK, it rained lol. Could this have an affect? The lid was on though...

#frustrated

Being in the UK, obtaining a Rubbermaid Brute ones isn't easy - and it's substantially higher cost too. A brewers container might be the way forward if I need to replace.

mr_tap_water

Hi there
Believe it or not I had exactly the same problem i'm never bothered in the past taking a TDS Reading my storage water also in a brewery bucket but for some reason or another I decided to take a reading a few weeks back and found that I also had a reading of 22 after a few days of storing and just thought that the bucket was old but in the end all it needed A really good clean out and dried off with paper towel where before are used just rinse it out and let dry, I now have a TDS Reading of zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melvis

Thanks for that mr_tap_water! I was wondering something similar as I put it all away just now, so good to know. Got a series of water changes to do to help get rid of cyano outbreak, so will give it a go and see what results are.

DaveK

On a new container I recommend that you season it. Fill it with tap water and add some rock salt or aquarium salt. Let it stand for a couple of days and rinse several times. That should remove the bulk of any residue.

Oliver D

On a new container I recommend that you season it. Fill it with tap water and add some rock salt or aquarium salt. Let it stand for a couple of days and rinse several times. That should remove the bulk of any residue.
Thks for that advice I* will do that with the new RODI container that I just got.