Water level in back sump is too low

shopedawg

I have recently added several upgrades to my rsm 130d, Chiller, Media Basket, Tunze 9002 skimmer, and all of a sudden the water level in the center chamber where the skimmer is has dropped so low the return pumps are pushing out a lot of air. If i turn the pumps off the water level goes back to normal in the center chamber but once turned back on level drops all the way down again. I have my pump to the chiller in that same chamber below the skimmer and the return line from the chiller goes into the area with the return pumps. Any help of advice would be greatly appreciated

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Add water.

........cutting n glueing living things to stuff. who'd have thought

Oxylebius

+1 w/dmatt - add more water. It sounds like the system can handle it. Alternatively you can manipulate the shutter position.
There will be two factors affecting water in that chamber - overall tank water volume and the shutter position. Its a matter of manipulating both to achieve the level of water that you want back there.

mhago

Hi shopedawg, were you able to solve the problem? I have the exactly same problem here. I noticed that when I change the floss, the level goes up. So filter media block is one of the reasons. But after 12/24 hours, the level goes dowm again.....