water level between tank and sump rsm 250

ho02ody

To be honest bud there is no straight answer to this question, everybody has different success rates with different heights, you need to experiment I take it you have seen the little window on the left hand side with the markers on it, I'm sure I had mine 4 lines down from the top when I had the stock skimmer but then again this is the wrong side of the fine filter pad which clogs up then drops the water in that left chamber and raises it in the rest of the sump! Anyway, my way was 4th line down from the top and clean/replace the fine polishing pad every other day and top off every day for a stable height of sump water.
Regards
Dan

ho02ody

In
Ess your talking about the height of the weir gate on the back wall, in which case raise the gate till the water level is just above the visible glass then fill/take water out of the back chamber until you are at the 4th line down on the window, then it's a game of adding water till your skimmer is working at a satisfactory rate

wingman6

In
Ess your talking about the height of the weir gate on the back wall, in which case raise the gate till the water level is just above the visible glass then fill/take water out of the back chamber until you are at the 4th line down on the window, then it's a game of adding water till your skimmer is working at a satisfactory rate

Agreed. Set the water level to what you want in the front and then remove water to some near the middle or 3/4 up in the back. Id run the polishing about 1/4 inch up to prevent the water height from changing in the back as it clogs. Then play around with the skimmer air and height until you get skimming the way you want it. BTW, the stock skimmer air valve is awful. Id replace it with something else that has more turns between open and closed for fine adjustments. Makes it way easier to set... and maintain.

tiboudou

thanks for technical support ;)
after...tunze top-off..

I read through many threads and some people put the sensors/floats in the right chamber... but when level is low, water level in the back chamber rises when pumps are off and submerge sensor...its allright?? it can not damaging??

wingman6

thanks for technical support ;)
after...tunze top-off..

I read through many threads and some people put the sensors/floats in the right chamber... but when level is low, water level in the back chamber rises when pumps are off and submerge sensor...its allright?? it can not damaging??

Should be fine. They should all be water proof. I have mine that are in the reservoir fully under so it tells me when its empty.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk