WANTED: RSM C250

Badvegas221

Hello everyone! I am ready to purchase my first aquarium and decided on the RSM C250. Could not find one to purchase online so I called the LFS and he said they discontinued it. He suggested the E260. Is this true?? I emailed RS but have not heard back. Thanks in advance for any info!

Pat24601

Hello everyone! I am ready to purchase my first aquarium and decided on the RSM C250. Could not find one to purchase online so I called the LFS and he said they discontinued it. He suggested the E260. Is this true?? I emailed RS but have not heard back. Thanks in advance for any info!

Hmm. I just looked at their website yesterday and the C-250 was still on it, although it wasn't emphasized.

Sounds like a question for @RedSeaKev .

I hope they didn't discontinue it. It's a great tank!

Pat24601

BTW, I'm not sure what caught your eye about the C-250, but it looks to me like the E-260 is basically the C-250 only with an open look and LEDs instead of a closed look and T5s.

Personally, the closed look is critically important to me and so the E-260 is not a tank I'd even consider. But, if that doesn't matter to you, it looked to me like the E-260 is very similar to the C-250 otherwise.

Badvegas221

Thanks for all the replies! Yes I still see it on the website also, and my LFS is an authorized dealer for RedSea and he is the one who told me they discontinued it. Hopefully he is wrong!!! I will update as soon as I hear from them. Thanks guys!

Badvegas221

BTW, I'm not sure what caught your eye about the C-250, but it looks to me like the E-260 is basically the C-250 only with an open look and LEDs instead of a closed look and T5s.

Personally, the closed look is critically important to me and so the E-260 is not a tank I'd even consider. But, if that doesn't matter to you, it looked to me like the E-260 is very similar to the C-250 otherwise.
Hey there! Yes I too prefer the closed tanks.That's why I am trying to find the c250. Otherwise I would just get the 260....Thank you so much for the info! I will keep you posted. Wish me luck.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Ok, some clarity here, The Max C Series is still available in some world markets as we continue to launch the E Series, it really depends on location, for example in the UK where I am based the Max C series is no longer available. Check with your local Red Sea office under contact us for the latest information http://www.redseafish.com/contact-us/

Pat24601

Ok, some clarity here, The Max C Series is still available in some world markets as we continue to launch the E Series, it really depends on location, for example in the UK where I am based the Max C series is no longer available. Check with your local Red Sea office under contact us for the latest information http://www.redseafish.com/contact-us/

I get it, but kind of makes me sad that the closed hood tanks are being discontinued entirely.

Thanks for the information!

Badvegas221

So sorry to break the bad news but I just heard back from RedSea and yes, the MAX C250 has been discontinued. :frown: In this case the LFS guy was right! Lol...back to the drawing board for me to find a new tank. I will probably go for the E260. I will definatley be securing something to the top though...I would always be worried about my fish jumping out if I didn't. Thanks for the feedback everyone! BV

Pat24601

So sorry to break the bad news but I just heard back from RedSea and yes, the MAX C250 has been discontinued. :frown: In this case the LFS guy was right! Lol...back to the drawing board for me to find a new tank. I will probably go for the E260. I will definatley be securing something to the top though...I would always be worried about my fish jumping out if I didn't. Thanks for the feedback everyone! BV

Bummer. That actually takes Red Sea products completely off the table for me to even consider. A shame because I really loved them.