Vortech MP10 keeps falling

Boss

I have two MP40s and they both started falling off just after a couple of years of ownership, and it just kept getting worse until they were unusable. I called Ecotech support and they said if I pay to ship them to them (using RMA form), they can tell me what needs to be replaced but I'd have to buy the parts (for example a new motor will cost over 200$, which is more than some entire pumps). Overall, I'm not very satisfied with their pumps or customer service. Being an engineer that develops products, I suspect they know they have a reliability issue which they can't fix which is typically reflected by their short warranty and limited repair support. Therefore, I expect this is not a fluke what happened to me and if you buy a new one or get yours repaired it will likely happen again, which is evident by the numerous posts online where folks have had this same problem over an over to no avail. It's a nice pump when it's working but based on my calculations you'll have an average annual cost of ownership (depreciation) of about $100 per year per pump, plus a lot of frustration once it starts falling off the glass. If you have the money, stick with them as they are very nice when they are working. But I can't afford to pay $200 / yr to run two of these pumps. I hope this helps those deciding whether to continue investing in these pumps or purchasing new ones.