Vortech advice

Shawntay

Hi all. I am looking for a bit of advice about getting a used Vortech MP40wES. I have the opportunity to get two for $200. I was about to go online to order just 1 for my 75 gallon tank. According to the flow calculator from Ecotech's site my tank really only needs 1 mp40 and I could possibly get a mp10 later just to have flow back and forth but then there is this opportunity. I will need a new wet side for one of the mp40s but I could just upgrade them both to the QD with both new wet sides and new drivers. I want to know...do you think it is cost effective or should I just go ahead and purchase the 1 new mp40?

MatroxD

Hi all. I am looking for a bit of advice about getting a used Vortech MP40wES. I have the opportunity to get two for $200. I was about to go online to order just 1 for my 75 gallon tank. According to the flow calculator from Ecotech's site my tank really only needs 1 mp40 and I could possibly get a mp10 later just to have flow back and forth but then there is this opportunity. I will need a new wet side for one of the mp40s but I could just upgrade them both to the QD with both new wet sides and new drivers. I want to know...do you think it is cost effective or should I just go ahead and purchase the 1 new mp40?
Because your system isn't massive, I would definitely go with two.. They function much better in pairs, and that cost is simply awesome!

In all honestly, even with the standard(non qd), you'd never use them on that tank to 100%(lol, unless you want to blue the wall off your tank), so I would even take my time with upgrading then to the quiet drive.. Tbh..

But yes, I would jump all over that price..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DaveK

Grab them both. You can try two, and if that's too much either dial them back or remove one.
If you remove one you have a spare, just in case. Plus the price is right.