Video of my potentially sick Anemone

solpete

Hi! Feel free to comment on my potentially sick sebae anemone.

It was upside down since two days. It started tilting back up at sunrise as you can see on the video but I noticed a flesh wound of about one inch in its side (unfortunately not visible on the video)

Also the clown fish is very "interactive" with its mouth...

[video=youtube;WOKaSlJudtw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOKaSlJudtw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Help appreciated!

:pillowfight:

BLADEYAMAHA

Looks like you might take the Clown away from the Nem till it can recover if possible, the clowns are rough, and with this clown, its most likely why the sebae is injured, it never got a good foot hold or the clown banged it against the rock pretty good.

reefguy

I am going to have to agree. You need to remove the clown. Otherwise he might kill it by mistake.

solpete

Thank you... It way be to late. During the night the anemone lost lost of tissue and is hiding under a rock. Tissue is spread a little. I will try to do something....

Sent from final repository

solpete

y2urarym.jpg
6a5ytyze.jpg
y6upyma6.jpg

:'(

BLADEYAMAHA

Yes, get the bits out, I recommend removing it from the tank, if its one thing I've learned, you almost can never coax a Nem back to good health no matter what, especially one this far gone. Sorry.

solpete

Yes, get the bits out, I recommend removing it from the tank, if its one thing I've learned, you almost can never coax a Nem back to good health no matter what, especially one this far gone. Sorry.

Ive seen this partuclar anemone in pritty bad shape twice before, not as bad as this though.
I would like to find some read about the matter online, but I haven't been succesful in finding yet.

I shall be sitting next to the tank now studying it what happens. I appreciate your advice about moving it, but I will keep it in the tank for another few hours now when the light has come back on.

Ill update the thread as soon as anything happens :)

BLADEYAMAHA

I have a friend that crashed at least two tanks maybe three trying to save her Nems, just don't keep it in the tank too long without it recovering any or you WILL lose everything.

solpete

If the clowns get to the anemone and interfere with its (hopefully) self-treatment process I shall move it to another tank ....

BLADEYAMAHA

Just get a lot of the tank water its in right now and drip acclimate it to the new tank, its detrimental to this Nem cause its in such bad shape, take your time acclimating it, cannot stress this enough or you are wasting your time.

solpete

Just get a lot of the tank water its in right now and drip acclimate it to the new tank, its detrimental to this Nem cause its in such bad shape, take your time acclimating it, cannot stress this enough or you are wasting your time.

Ok I started doing so. I encountered a small problem. During lifting the anemone, I dropped him. He fell into a spot at which he immediately clung for his life. I used a powerhead aiming at it and I can see his foot holding on to the aquarium glass and rock at where he's at. Its impossible for me to move him now because my tank is about 1 meter deep (about 37"). I hope he will loosen his grip and then Ill move him to a currently empty tank with the same water as in my main DT.

BLADEYAMAHA

You might use a spatula to lift it from the glass, its prolly a good thing it has so much strength left.

reefguy

You might use a spatula to lift it from the glass, its prolly a good thing it has so much strength left.

Going to agree with u. The fact that it's foot is still securing to things is a sign its not completely dead. It will need to go in a rehab tank or catch the clown. One of the two needs to happen.

I would just catch the clown. They are easy to catch with some food and a 2 liter.

solpete

Going to agree with u. The fact that it's foot is still securing to things is a sign its not completely dead. It will need to go in a rehab tank or catch the clown. One of the two needs to happen.

I would just catch the clown. They are easy to catch with some food and a 2 liter.

The anemone is in quarantine now.