Veterans Day 2011

phantom2991

I recently had a opportunity to take part in ceremony of great meaning. I was given the responsibility of presenting my husbands grandparents and his youngest brother with folded flags honoring the death of my husbands younger brother who was killed in action in Afghanistan in August of this year. Jason Daniel Hill was only 20 years old and he wasnt afraid to give his life for all of us. While in guard duty, in the middle of the night, Jason's unit come under fire. From up in the guard tower, Jason took the lives of 6 Taliban soldiers and saved the lives of 8 of his marines before becoming fatally wounded. You are a true American hero, Jason, and you will be missed dearly. This september jason would have turned 21 years old. Now he guards the gates of heaven. Ooh Rah Jason!
candaceandkatherine.jpg

candaceandkatherine2.jpg

veteransday.jpg

veteransday2.jpg

veteransday3.jpg

veteransday4.jpg

This is the face of a real hero. Eight Marines are alive today because he refused to back down. Even after being ordered to retreat he didnt leave his post, insuring that all his marines made it home to their families alive. Jason was awarded, after his death, with the purple heart and the prestigious NAM (Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal).
jason2.jpg

jason3.jpg

jason.jpg

this is the last photo taken of all the brothers together, from left to right, Marcus Adams (my husband) CPL, USMC, Aaron Hill, LCPL, USMC, Jason Hill, LCPL USMC (KIA)

Stretch

Has been struck by the ban stick
Sorry for your families loss but so thankful for these hero's.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk