Update on hospital tank

Hi everyone :doh:

Just wanted to update everyone on my hospital tank, I ran with the cupramine for 2 weeks.
Unfortunately they are still flashing so I let them off for a week and ran carbon and polyfilter to clear the copper and have decided to start the treatment again.
Also.....
I was at the marine shop last saturday and saw a lovely baby box fish who looked exactly the same as Chopper, i could not resist I had to get him! so I brought him home and put him in my new tank (which is clear of any white spot by the way) to my total horror after 5 days in there i noticed some white spots on him last night only visible under the blue lights! so ironically i now have another Box fish (Mark) as in mark 2, in the hospital tank AGAIN!!! I am either really unlucky or just **** at this! FFS!!!
I think that I have read somewhere that box fish do get stressed out easily and are prone to this, is this true? does anyone know?
I gave Mark (box fish) a 30 min RO dip before adding him to the HT today and he looks clear now already, so fingers crossed that I have got in there early this time and he is ok.

Thank you
I am letting the tank go fallow,it has only got inverts left in it. then it is belong sold.
It is a new tank I've set up that he went in, my quarantine tank is currently the HT so couldn't QT him, so i guess I shouldn't have bought him really!

Snid

Oh no! So sorry for the hardships. Hang in there!!! We're all pulling for you.

Also be aware, when Ich is in the form of eggs, they can lay dormant... Here's a little copy and paste from another place.

"There are 4 stages in the Cryptocaryons life cycle (Ich)

1- Trophont-this is the parasitic stage on the fish
2- Protomont-this is where the parasite leaves the fish to encyst on the substrate to reproduce.
3-Tomont- This is the reproductive and longest lived stage
4-Theront- Free swimming looking for a host.

The trophonts will mature and leave the fish after 3-7 days
The Protomont will encyst within 24 hours
The Tomont can last up to 72 days(in rare cases). That is the reason ich is so difficult to remove from a system.
The Theront will die within 24 hours without a host.

The life cycle can be as quick as 7 days, usually 24 days But can go as long as 72 days. 60 days without a fish will eradicate ich 99.9% of the time."

So whether the new guy had Ich or not prior to making it into his new home, he may have been introduced into an invested environment. This is another good reason to carefully observe all the fish at a LFS that you plan to purchase from. If you see one fish with Ich in the system, odds are any fish you buy within a couple months may have Ich as well. I turned down a fish from one of my less preferred LFS that I really want because the week before I saw about 5 fish fighting Ich. I'll wait until I can get the fish I want through more desirable means.

its not the big new tank I'm doing he was in the little nano, got 4 tanks going at the moment the one going fallow the hospital, the nano and the new tank, its a bit much really! spent 5 hours on them yesterday.

Snid

Now Lisa... I need you to explain to my wife that my 55 gallon is small, and that I need another one. A bigger one! Why do we need to make mortgage payments anyways? And that new fridge we need? Forget about it... We can eat warm food, right?