tuxedo urchin

spiraling

I have one and love it. Although I think he is lazy and doesn't eat a much algae as I hoped. He knocks over anything that isn't securely bolted down. Is your rock work secure? He cropped off a frag of zoas and they have been growing on him for about 6 months and doing quite well. He is constantly rearranging my frags if I don't immediately glue them. He hides in the palys at night and tries to pull them on top of him like a blanket, but is otherwise reef safe. Sometimes he has a snail or hermit dangling upside down off his back. So he is a bit of a pita but fun to watch. I would get one again.

melvis

Only had my new one a few days (other one died after two days) and they are absolutely fantastic. Been clearing my dreaded red turf algae and putting loads of it and other things on his back. They certainly are interesting characters, I say get one if you have the chance!

Jared410

I love mine, always picking up stuff, it's crazy the stuff they pick up. Ours does knock stuff over, but glad we have 'em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamWest

I had one and he was very easy to keep, however that bugger pulled up zoas and pallys left and right. Every time I looked at him he had some type of polyp stuck to his back.

Just my anecdotal experience, but their backs are like velcrow to pallys imo.

Oxylebius

Here was mine - it pulled a freshly glued sps frag off the rock and carried it around for weeks. The sps survived and I eventually glued it back on a rock.

cracker

You can't but love Mother Nature ,she comes up with all kinds of stuff. That urchin , supposedly has no mind, but it knows if it collects stuff on it's back nobody will see it ! Very Cool!