Tunze 9001 Problems

Burge1983

1. Anyone have any experience with these skimmers? Ive had mine up and running in my RSM130 for the past few weeks and im not sure its doing what it should be. Looks like the foam struggles to make it into the collection cup, foaming inside the housing, but it doesnt really collect much in the cup. Played about with it a week or so ago as it was filling with water and giving a really wet skim, on videos ive seen, the foam does a really good job of rising and being collected. water level is bang on the mark...ive messed about with the air screw. any help would be great

Desmond

I had one in my rsm using the in tank media rack. Found that water level was important to be constant. I assume you have an auto top off. Also I had air fully open once it was run it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Burge1983

Yeah mate, got a tunze atu running which does a fine job at keeping the water level constant...its a pain, im not sure if its because theres not a lot to skim at the minute or due to something else...feels like i have a skimmer that isnt working at the min tho, tinkering about with it is a pain

BryanD

Check the air hose hasn't separated from little fitting over impeller. Mine was missing entire piece. . Not impressed with it at all

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Burge1983

ive got the fitting that the air hose attaches to, but it can come loose. does it need to be fixed in place over the impeller/foamer to work optimally?

BryanD

It should lock in place from little tabs on impeller housing g. Mines missing whole damn part and replacement parts ..pft gud luck

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Burge1983

ah i see, dya reckon if its loose from the tabs that that could effect the operation..even if it were still linked with the air line?

Desmond

Your on a winner I assumed it was new and all connected. I never had an issue with mine. When I summed my rsm 130d I added a 9004 which was even better

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Trio91

It sounds like it's a water level/air valve issue to me. (IMO) I have my set where the water level is at the very base where the cup meets the unit. Then from there i have the air valve closed about 1/2 way.

When you opened it all the way and take the cup off, is it overflowing with bubbles?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk