treating fish

Welvin

Fishes arrive last night May 23, 2013 for my tank, due to stress some of their skin or fins get rot,,,,specially the tang..its okay to treat it using formalin? i know its not a spot or ich...my idea is to monitor them for how many days or weeks but if their skin or fins doesnt back to normal i will treat them with the formalin....if that so I wanna ask also how many ml of formalin do i need to use it...

As of today May 25,2013 my two tangs are dead..its really sad....they look very stress during the arrival....all my new fish doesnt eat until now.i place them in my quarantine tank,all the parameters are okay, i dont know if they still adjusting their new environment...

For my display tank I put already the filter scrubber and the salinity problem is getting better..thank you everyone

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
NO, do not use Formaline on ANY FISH with an open wound. you will Kill them.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Can we see some pics? Usually stress and shipping issues are best dealt with by having clean water, low stress environment and good nutrition (vitamins/Hffa's) to get them healthy again......their immune system is the best treatment unless you know its a bacterial infection.