Torch and hammers loosing heads anybody??

Basile

I'm really bumbed out with this, parameters all checked out and i'm loosing heads periodicly, i'm thinking parasites , can't see any, disease?? maybe , anybody on this. Chemical warfare they're all farely far from each other or should i say from other different specimen. Hammers with hammers, torch and hammers are usually ok beside each other right. No fish attack that i noticed, or any inverts. sometime a slime seem to get on it just before it dies which to seems to be bacterian thats all of my observation. Pictures....i'm not particularly bright....i forgot that one lol. Thanks for your time guys. ( i write big for my iphone friends)

frisbee

Are the polyps bailing out, or is it a slow decline? If it's a slow decline, you might want to look into Brown Jelly Disease/Syndrome.

Basile

Just did a dip in Coral RX should of seen the brown spots fall of , not flatworm but jelly types, it seems they were all inside and between my hammers and torches. all twelve of them. I'll observe and see if doesn't work i can always use the other method thanks.Addition of vitamin C is also a good preventive measure i'm reading about it.

Mike Johnson

Brown Jelly Disease is highly contagious. Usually at the first observation of it you would want to remove it to an isolation tank.

orieng

Smell the affected corals. If it smells bad than it is brown jelly. Try treating with antibiotics for guaranteed cure. I had good success with doxycycline treatment

Basile

I've dipped in Furan-2 and hopefullly it'll stop the bacteria from spreading, i'll do another dip today as a precaution , seem to have worked but i think i saw one brown spot on one coral. Better be safe and i'll repeat the treatment.

My first treatment , i followed the guy's intruction one pack for one gallon of water( usually its for 10 gallons) so you concentrate the solution by ten; and you dip for 30 min . Then you rince in clear salt water for another 30 min and put back in the tank. Its very important to do ALL your corals, as i did. Of course incrusting....what can you do...... But all mine from zoos to bubble , gorgonians, elegants all when into the solution and came out allright and opened up after 5 min all clean.