Topping up live rock or aquaroche post/pre upgrade tank transfer?

funkoid

I'm soon to be making the move from a 125L with 17kg of good live rock to a 250L, at present I've got no additional rock and my existing aqua scape isn't particularly well sculptured, I do however like it.

My existing rock has no nasties and plenty of goodies so I want to reuse it in my 250L when the time comes to transfer everything across. I'm reluctant to add in any additional live rock new or second hand due to the risk of bringing nasties with it, mine has been stable for 3 years and I want to keep it that way!

I wouldn't mind a bit more structure to the tank so was looking at getting some artificial shelving for corals and the like, possibly some hiding places for various fish I'd like in the new tank... aquaroche or alternatives came up.

I have loads of questions to ask about transferring everything but that's for another thread! My question is would it be safe from a levels perspective to transfer existing rock then add the aquaroche, or should i look at cycling the new tank with the new aquaroche in then transfer my existing live rock?

Also are there any cons regarding the use of aquaroche? Any bad experiences?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
If you have the space to have both tanks up, cycling the new tank 1st would always be my choice.

But having said this... I think you should be fine either way, though I have not used the aquaroche. Check out this link & see if this helps any, I think it would be similar to Marco's Dry Rock

http://www.marcorocks.com/faq/

Can I add rock right into my established tank?

We do not recommend our rock or any other rock right into an established tank without testing first.

However you will find our Key Largo rock 100% free of organics or "pre cured" this makes it safe to tank in an established system without fear of an ammonia spike.