Top Fin website?

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Does anyone know the website to Top Fin? They are the people that make tanks and stuff for petsmart. I'm trying to figure out what part of my tank is tempered glass. The sticker that was on the bottom said "tempered glass do not drill", but that was on the bottom, and so I'm not sure if it is the same for the sides.

TIA

sorcerer

Court Computer Wiz
I have been told that Perfecto makes the Top Fin aquariums, can't swear to it, just info from a friend of mine. If it is the case Perfecto's website is at http://www.perfectomfg.com

Don't know that they give specs as to whether specific tanks have tempered sides or not, but they should have a contact e-mail or phone number.
HTH

SaltyQueen

As far as I know, Top Fin is PetSmart's own brand (they're brand of cat & dog supplies is called Top Paw). Perhaps someone at PetSmart could look into it for you or give you a customer service number to call & they could research it further.

Craig Manoukian

The bottoms are usually tempered to withstand the static pressure from the sand, rock, and water. The sides don't receive the same physical force. The sides would have a tempered sticker as well if they were. Check to be sure, but your 99% safe IMO.

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Awesome, thanks!!! I'll go to petsmart, and ask the managers, they know me, and not to mention their other employees are pretty close to worthless. I bug them enough:D They would find out for me.

fidojoe

Fish Addict
I thought it was :barf: petco that flipper worked at but not sure.

No offense to petco fans, but the ones near me, the SW tanks are nasty, and the people don't know jack about SW.

ReefLady

Staff member
LOL fidojoe. Good use of smilies. We had one Petco in my area with a great fish room manager for a while, it was a pleasure buying from him and he kept all the tanks perfect, even kept corals alive. Then, one day, I went back in and he was "no longer with us" and dead fish were in every (SW) tank. I prefer Petsmart for my drygoods because they don't even try putting the lives of delicate sea creatures in the untrained hands of their employees. Both Petco and Petsamrt seem to do a good job on freshwater fish at least, which is a good long mile above WalMart's "torture section." Visiting that place is like watching "Faces of Death."

fidojoe

Fish Addict
I have to admit, their FW is great, prices, iffy, petsmarts FW is just as good, good prices, and decent service when you get a manager involved:D . The guys at petco know me, cause I go in there, and look every once and a while, or for FW stuff. There are actually 3 people that know enough about SW to get them by, one lady knows a fair amount about the species themselves, but nothing about tank care/equipment, then this one guy who is never there, (got fired for 3 months for ordering 500 neon tetras), who knows a little, and one guy who has a 29 gal eclipse setup, with CC bed, and stock lighting with 2 condy anemonies:( I tried to tell him that this was not suffice, but he is stubborn:rolleyes: , but he did get me his employee discount on my fluval, well, he bought it for himself, but decided he didn't need it;)

coralman

Does anyone know the website to Top Fin? They are the people that make tanks and stuff for petsmart. I'm trying to figure out what part of my tank is tempered glass. The sticker that was on the bottom said "tempered glass do not drill", but that was on the bottom, and so I'm not sure if it is the same for the sides.

TIA

hello just curiose what u found out, i was wondering the same thing!

thanks!!!!!!!!!

nateo1

Top fin products are made by a company called Aqueon, and their website is here: Aqueon

I needed a new hinged glass top for my 46 gal. aquarium from Petsmart, so I did some research.

Enjoy!
Nate

bwk15

Top Fin is made by PetSmart. Either call your local store, or call 1-800-804-2059 for answers to your Top Fin product questions. We just bought a TopFin aquarium, was missing directions, so I know for sure this is correct information.

fishhead

Thanks for posting the number! I am looking into stocking up on their "soft sinking pellet with krill" food. I have a yellow tang, sail-fin tang,, golden eyed tang, flame angel, royal gramma, yellow clown Gobi, percula clown, fire shrimp and CB and various brittle stars and hermits(yes,all in the same tank). They all love it, but I don't really like buying from petsmart. Wish it wasn't so.

Last edited:

Legrand

I know that this is an old thread, but for others looking for this answer, you can find it by looking at the Catalog Specifications PDF on the Aqueon website, it will tell you that the bottom if the bottom is tempered.

Here is the link:
Aqueon » Products » Submersible Heater

The link refers to heaters, but the link to the PDF is on the top right hand side, under the photos.