ToeSloth's Serenity! RSM 130D

ToeSloth

So I received my new 130D yesterday late afternoon and spent the evening putting the stand together and watching the video and reading the setup guide. While setting up the stand I snapped up a few pictures and after I put the tank on the stand I took a couple more.

I will post pictures later.

I then proceeded to take the items out of the accessories box to find that I was missing the circulation pumps. I have emailed Pinky@RedSea about them and will be receiving them soon as they can get them to me. They don't currently have any available and are awaiting a shipment this week or next. Talk about a bummer for getting going on the cycle!

Everyone has been great and very responsive to the missing parts. I have had word from Steve@RedSea that this is the first time this has happened in the three years they have been selling the Max.

I guess I jinxed myself with all that talk of the quick delivery.

Again pictures later!

Chris

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
re: ToeSloth's Serenity! RSM 130D

Bummer on the pumps missing, and being backordered on top of that. Hopefully you don't have any rock being delivered soon.

ToeSloth

Pictures of the cabinet setup and final resting place with my youngest popping in for a shot.

All%20Sony%20575.JPG

All%20Sony%20576.JPG

All%20Sony%20577.JPG

All%20Sony%20578.JPG

All%20Sony%20579.JPG

*edited by BigAl07 for IMG codes*

Last edited:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

There ya go.

I don't know Picaso but with most "Pic hosters" there is an "IMG" code link and you just copy/paste the link

It looks like (img)name_of_pic.jpg(/img)

ToeSloth

Wow! Thanks for the quick help and advise! I will try that out on the next shots!

Chris

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

You're very welcome. I get lucky now and again and stumble up on a trick or two.

:thumber:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

ToeSloth - looks good! You don't look at all like your avatar LOL! Thanks for the pic of ToeSloth junior too. Now the waiting begins for the pumps. Hopefully they'll show up soon, and you can get on with the next phase.

ToeSloth

BigAl thanks....I think :tongue:

That guy is ToeSloth jr. jr., gotta get the the other boy up next to the tank as well soon, maybe when I get the pumps.

I'm looking for a couple of other pumps I can stick in there until the two missing come in but from what I hear they are special with the threads to seal off the tank. I need a couple extra pumps though for miscellaneous stuff anyways, so something close may do for a while.

Chris

MatthewJ

Congrats on the new tank...that's a bummer on the pumps. Might want to think about giving yourself a little more space around the tank, especially on the right (I'm assuming that's where the electrical access panel is still).

Reddog170

Nice. I like it and the whole thing looked like it went together fairly well. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Mavjoy

Congrats on the new RSM. We all can't wait when it's all set up and running. Do you have space on the sides of the tank? One of your pic shows that one of the side is right next to a wall. It will be easier to access the tank if all sides of the tank is free from any obstruction of any kind...just my 2 cents. Have fun and take your time.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Agree with Mavjoy. Leave space in back too, in case you ever want to hang a siphon box on for a fuge in the cabinet, etc. Easier done now when the empty tank doesn't weigh several hundred pounds. And there will be times that you'll need to drop that panel down to get into that electrical box on the right side.

ToeSloth

Update. Pumps are on the way! One of the reasons that posted pics was to get the feedback of location. The only issue I have is I really have no other place in the main room to put it without rearranging everything which I have already been told isn't happening. I of course left about 6 inches in the back and about the same on the right. I can move the couch easily when working on it and it won't be that close normally, as the Christmas tree in front of the window has moved it about a foot closer. I will continue to think about my options.

Thanks to you all!

Chris

Last edited:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

I can understand the holiday rearrangement of the furniture! Does that 6" give you room to open and access the electrical panel? I'm not sure if the 130D panel is the same as the 130, but it can really be tough on my 130 to get that hidden outlet box pushed back in. I guess you'll find out when you get the pumps! Good to see they're on the way!

aftbn

Congratz,... Your going to love the RSM, our family has taken so much joy from it. Be patient, it took about four months for mine to really shine.

ToeSloth

I can understand the holiday rearrangement of the furniture! Does that 6" give you room to open and access the electrical panel? I'm not sure if the 130D panel is the same as the 130, but it can really be tough on my 130 to get that hidden outlet box pushed back in. I guess you'll find out when you get the pumps! Good to see they're on the way!

I didn't put the electrical panel in until had in that spot so I believe I'm good on that one. I just need to make sure I can get to the bottom in back chambers...right?

Chris