Today's trip to the LFS's CORAL tanks... pics inside

Random Poll of the day

• I don't eat pasta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I the only noodles i eat are RAMEN Noodles!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZAPCOnj

So i stopped in to my LFS (tropaquarium) today to pick up a pump and some tubing to finish up my Overflow and sump install. while i was there i was checking out this weeks delivery or what's left of it (they get their fish and corals on Thursdays and have pretty heavy traffic on friday and saturdays). there were some pretty cool corals in the tanks today as well as a very nice selection of butterflies and Tangs.

here are a few shots of the coral tanks...

105431257.jpg

105431258.jpg

can you find the Copper Banded Butterfly in the photo below?
105431259.jpg

105431260.jpg

105431262.jpg

Can you find the Six Line Wrasse in the photo below?
105431264.jpg

nice shot of my favorite clam (roughly 12" long)
105431267.jpg

They made a bid deal about this rock (the one with orange on it). they said something about "TORCH" it has 2 or 3 kinds of coral on it as well as 2 sea squirts. they did say that they were not selling it yet as they wanted to make sure the corals opened up properly. the price for the piece is set at $139. i thought it looked pretty cool. not sure if it was worth $139 or not maybe some of the more experienced guys could tell..
105431269.jpg

thats all i was able to snap. There were/are a TON more in the tanks.. incase anyone is interested or has forgotten, here are the two tanks that house the corals

102307250.jpg

anyway, just wanted to share. Sorry for the poor pics.. it's the best i could do with my Iphone

JBmynes

Nice looking frag tanks.... How far is that place from Whitehouse Station Nj, I have family out there and I might have to take a drive when Im out there for Thanksgiving. As much as I like my father in law theres only so much Of Joe Marinachio's voice that I can take before I start making "Family" jokes and tick off the wife.... lol

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I don't know where East of Reality is located, but some of those prices are out of this world. Thanks for sharing though!

new reefer 03

i found the butterfly, and six line wrasse!!!
it took me a while on the butter fly though. thats one heck of a fish store! some of the prices make ours look chap, or they have bad inventory...

ZAPCOnj

Nice looking frag tanks.... How far is that place from Whitehouse Station Nj, I have family out there and I might have to take a drive when Im out there for Thanksgiving. As much as I like my father in law theres only so much Of Joe Marinachio's voice that I can take before I start making "Family" jokes and tick off the wife.... lol

it's roughly 45 minutes from white house station, nj. (http://www.reefsanctuary.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/457/cat/75)

The prices are a bit on the high end but the quality is out of this world. the shop maintains the corals on a weekly basis and get's fresh coral every week. The turn over is pretty high, by tuesday the tanks will have slim pickings. The good thing is that if you're a regular customer you can negotiate the price and they offer Forum discounts of 10 - 15% off as well.

Midnight

Yeah that store is great. I live in FL so I never buy anything when I am there but my g/f family lives 5 min away so its always part of the trip when we go up there.