To many Amphipods

Paul B

Today it was a beautiful day so my wife, I and another friend went out on my boat. We anchored where I usually do right off a tide pool in the Long Island Sound. I took my dinghy to the tide pool to do a little collecting and it is now officially amphipod season. I go here almost every week to collect and this week and maybe 2 more weeks the amphipods must be either spawning or playing soccer or just partying because it is the start of summer. They are all over the place and all I had to do was put my arm in the water and it was covered in amphipods. I collected a few thousand in a couple of minutes. Then, like always I dumped them in my reef but I think it was to much although the fish felt like they died and went to heaven. I probably collected a quarter of a pint, without water. That's a lot of amphipods and they filled my reef. I already still had plenty of them from last year so they can make new friends.
Here are some on a leaf.

Here is a video of some I took last year, they look the same this year so make believe I just took this today. I collected many more times this today.

Paul B

I am going there again today but I won't get any more amphipods as I think I put to many in already. I just go there to check out all the fiddler crabs, horse shoe crab babies, tiny eels and hermit crabs.

Maybe I will take my camera.

Paul B

You are lucky I didn't have my Speedo on.

Here are some amphipod collecting video's. Turn the volume up as it was my SCUBA camera and the sound was muffled.