To buy/do list for rsm130d help contribute? :)

Matt spivey

Hi everyone, so I've been going kinda crazy worrying that I need stuff ordering as it's Christmas time and won't come till after (merry Christmas!)

Wanted to plan some stuff I wanna get and discuss some options.

Stuff I have/have done:

-Got test kits ,refractometer etc
-Water live sand live rock tank cycled blah blah
-"I've removed my bio balls should I move the charcoal?
-I've bought some phosguard and a bag for it where should I put this?

Stuff I want
-I'm possibly ordering a Stevie t media rack and tunze 9002 because the stock skimmer is so loud after drilling as well.
-what do people use in the rack?
-some kind of led moonlight but mostly for aesthetics

Basically am I missing anything big that would help?

I read all of nanoreefing4funs 130d chronicle last night until 3am because I wanted to run it stock but I didn't notice anything about phosphate removers or filtration methods (can you fill me in :) ) I saw your COD upgrade (noted) but I meant with regards to other products you use. (Besides the charcoal, black sponge and occasional filter pad)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ziggy

Hi everyone, so I've been going kinda crazy worrying that I need stuff ordering as it's Christmas time and won't come till after (merry Christmas!)

Wanted to plan some stuff I wanna get and discuss some options.

Stuff I have/have done:

-Got test kits ,refractometer etc
-Water live sand live rock tank cycled blah blah
-"I've removed my bio balls should I move the charcoal?
-I've bought some phosguard and a bag for it where should I put this?

Stuff I want
-I'm possibly ordering a Stevie t media rack and tunze 9002 because the stock skimmer is so loud after drilling as well.
-what do people use in the rack?
-some kind of led moonlight but mostly for aesthetics

Basically am I missing anything big that would help?

I read all of nanoreefing4funs 130d chronicle last night until 3am because I wanted to run it stock but I didn't notice anything about phosphate removers or filtration methods (can you fill me in :) ) I saw your COD upgrade (noted) but I meant with regards to other products you use. (Besides the charcoal, black sponge and occasional filter pad)

Hi Matt

How are you for flow?

Perhaps an MP 10?

A recurring item in threads for both happy residents and prevention of undesireable always seems to come back to more flow... And directing it at the sand.

Diana has a very cool swhirling thing

Matt spivey

Funnily enough I came back on to edit this list to include an mp10 but ouch they're a bit expensive for Christmas time! £175 in England so may have to put that on the back burner with a tunze 9002.
My skimmer is doing my whole family's heads in at the moment! So loud and getting louder, I've drilled the cup too.

ziggy

Funnily enough I came back on to edit this list to include an mp10 but ouch they're a bit expensive for Christmas time! £175 in England so may have to put that on the back burner with a tunze 9002.
My skimmer is doing my whole family's heads in at the moment! So loud and getting louder, I've drilled the cup too.

Matt

Also.. Forgetting the money, would the MP 10 be the one of choice or would you have picked something else?

Matt spivey

It would have been my choice based on my limited knowledge of equipment, recommendations and the well made look of it. I did weigh up getting a power head instead of a wave maker but I need more all round the bottom flow rather than a targeted area.

I'm not exactly Scrooge! Ha it's just I've spent over £1000 this month on getting the tank ready so I might take a break then go again after Christmas.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Regarding the media rack, many members run that media rack and they highly recommend it. They put two 11.7 oz bags of Chemi-Pure Elite and one 100 ml bag of Purigen on it. Replace the CPE every two months and the Purigen every 3 months.

Matt spivey

Ok cheers goma

I have some phosguard by seachem instead of rowaphos, have you or anyone here used it? It's the same idea, stick it in a bag and change it often.

Should I put it under the pumps?

ajbang

Hi Matt,

I just started a tank about a month ago and my advice would be is to buy the stuff slowly - don't rush to buy and research slowly - i don't think I would have purchased the MP-10 for example had i known I prob would have opted to go with Jebao powerhead… i could have purchased two of these for price of one MP-10

Matt spivey

I was gonna try get an ATO eventually but need to find one that doesn't ruin the look of my tank, I like the all in one clean look.

Ajbang Why did you want a power head and not the mp10? I still haven't fully decided yet.

slfcaptain

The tunze ATO fits nicely in the back compartments. I have one and it works great. You dont see anything from the front

steve

bmp

I was gonna try get an ATO eventually but need to find one that doesn't ruin the look of my tank, I like the all in one clean look.

The one single best thing I have bought for my RSM130 and then then used it on my 250 when I upgraded was the ATO.

Getting the skimmer to work at its best and also to keep your water level and salinity level etc etc the ATO is great. Getting the skimmer to work just right needs the water level to be in a certain place. The ATO keeps the water at this level all the time. I don't think I would run a system without one now.

BMP

ziggy

Good to know

Thinking of adding that when I pull the trigger on my C-250
Although the C theoretically fixed the skimmer water level problem

Thx