Timer Mod...

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
steveh - Wow - there are many more good changes than I could tell from the limited information I've gotten on the 130D. The 130D sounds like a winner! One question - would the new RSM skimmer fit into the current RSM model, or has the back compartment been modified to the extent that that that this would not be possible? Thanks for the update!

Arreola

2. Adjustable protein skimmer neck: Unfortunately this is not upgradable due to the repositioning of the skimmer. We really did try to make it so older Max's could use it but it simply wasn't possible. This is a really cool system which allows the neck of the skimmer to be raised and lowered depending on protein levels. The result is great control of foam production.
Steve

Reefmack - If I did undestand correctly the new Skimmer do not fit on the "old" version of the RSM.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Arreola - I'm still waiting for a reply from steveh on whether it's only the new skimmer cup that won't fit current the RSM skimmers, or if it's the whole skimmer unit. But, it sounds like the complete unit will not fit.

steveh

Skimmer: It's the whole skimmer that's different. It sits lower in the filter compartment and has an adjustable neck to control foam production and improve skimming performance. Unfortunately it was impossible to make it fit the original Max due to the change in position. We have also increased the air throughput considerably, from 120lph to 150lph (20%+). This also makes a real difference in some situations.

slakker

I should post some pics of my skimmer performance... I took the skimmer cup out to cleaned it yesterday and it's working really well. Not sure if it was the mod I did or just the break in period, but the output is a dark green "macha tea" color...

But I adjusted the surface skimmer to be about 1/2 open and not full open as well.